curious kat
Bronze Member
- Joined
- Nov 10, 2013
- Messages
- 2,302
- Reaction score
- 2,824
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- New Mexico
- Detector(s) used
- ....eyes.....
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
Upvote
0
Thanks GatorBoy for enlightening me on that! Sorry again for thinking you guys were joking. I looked at some shark vertebrae and they have "rings" like a tree & I don't see any on this...would it still be from a shark? Like outlaw said, it's not thick like a whales is, so guess not whale?....Do you think this could be a vertebrae that was re-tooled by someone? On the ones I've googled, they have a much smaller hole in the center, this one is about the size of a man's thumb.
......OMG....guess maybe the joke's on me?......wow...what can I say...sorry guys !!! Never would have thought of that in a million years, will look into it. How can you tell if it is one? Looks just like rock/stone! What about the hot needle test? Darn thing looks like a turtle....
![]()
thankful for everyone's idea's about this "turtle'ish" thing ha! Maybe it's both!? Maybe....many, many, many years ago someone found a "vert" while gathering walnuts and thought "wow this kind of looks like a turtle, maybe with a little touch here and there it will be"....and they did and it is? I don't know if you can see, but there appears to be a "mouth" line maybe etched in!? A question about it being a "vert".....there are 3 bumps in front (2 legs & head place) and 3 bumps in the back (2 legs & tail place)....is that what a vert has?....again, thanks guys

