Turtles lead to TREASURE

Feb 8, 2008
ROSWELL, NEW MEXICO
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT-Fisher 2 box & others
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, look what me and some friends found last weekend. ( 1-07-23 ) A bit of a scare from a rattlesnake landed me on the rocks.
Lucky for me just got bruised!
IMG_5387.JPG
IMG_5373.JPG
IMG_5388.JPG
IMG_5365.JPG
IMG_5354.JPG
IMG_5375.JPG
Petroglyphs everywhere! Beautiful sunny day in New Mexico!
GB
IMG_5358.JPG
IMG_5357.JPG

Attachments

• crop.JPG
    crop.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 45
Last edited:

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
You've found Shaman Rock (your photo 9 "crop"). A view from the westerly side shows a Lion head profile (right side) gazing in an easterly direction, and a Shaman head profile (left side), who's looking northerly. It may be worth your while checking out what's out there to the east and north. Also here is a 'lilo' carving and a 'ram' petroglyph.

lion shaman.JPG

Shaman lilo.JPG

Shaman ram.JPG

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't know. That rattlesnake is trying to kill me. Maybe he is guarding the treasure.
I have some very tall snake boots, so I will be wearing them next time.
If you want to see snakes, go the the mini-canyon called "Shangri La", just above the old Butterfield Trail road northeast a couple miles from Shaman Rock. Just uphill from the walls shown below. Make sure you wear those boots and watch out above your head when you're near those canyon walls.

Shangri La 4.JPG

Walls 2.JPG

Ledster

Mar 3, 2016
in the desert
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If you want to see snakes, go the the mini-canyon called "Shangri La", just above the old Butterfield Trail road northeast a couple miles from Shaman Rock. Just uphill from the walls shown below. Make sure you wear those boots and watch out above your head when you're near those canyon walls.

View attachment 2064768
View attachment 2064769
Snakes why all I have to do is walk out where I live and you will see a red racer cruising by...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions