What's new

Twenty Dollar Bill????

999digger

Full Member
Joined
Aug 31, 2010
Messages
187
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Wisconsin
I found a 1993 $20. It has some folding marks. I know a lot more about coins than bills, so I am not an expert. I got this note in my neighbors change for a gararge sale. I also have a 1995 $5, 1981 $5, 1963 $1. Are these bills worth keeping or should I spend them? Help would be appreciated.
Thank you for your help.
 
THe old bills( which are not that old) should be banked or spent ASAP. They were easy to fake, and contain way less security options. THe only ones to keep are those blue and red silver and gold notes. Also any nice condition bills before the 1950's. But be careful of counterfeit.

FOr all intensive purposes, paper money, is well, not valuable. Except to the right vendor... Which is everyone, so it works.
But it would be better to trade that twenty for a case of shotgun shells, fine wines, etc.
 
I would keep the 1963 $1 and spend the rest.

JasonB
 
Quote:
"But it would be better to trade that twenty for a case of shotgun shells, fine wines, etc. "

I agree to a point. However currency collecting has a greater return on investment vis-a-vis other collections I've had, ie. stamp collecting. You can always get face value from the currency.
I used to have sheets of unused stamps from the 40's and 50's and all they were good for was face value for postage. No real appreciable premium. I've suffered losses in philately but never on currency that I've gotten from pocket finds or bank aquisitions. If nothing else, collect currency in lieu of a savings account. Works for me! :thumbsup:

Best Wishes,
Scott
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom