What's new

Found in my change

PikesPeakCharlie

Bronze Member
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
2,184
Reaction score
3,162
Golden Thread
0
Location
Pikes Peak
Detector(s) used
Garrett Gti 2500, Garrett Gta 350, Garrett Pro-Pointer -- Whites IDX Pro, AutoMax V2 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got these 2 bills in my change. I did a little looking around and I think I might be able to get around $50 for the $5 ???? Sure would appreciate some input there.
The $20 has a repeating serial # , is it worth keeping or should I put it in a slot machine 😂 thanks for any info.
 

Attachments

  • 0918251148-1.webp
    0918251148-1.webp
    620.9 KB · Views: 344
Upvote 14
I got these 2 bills in my change. I did a little looking around and I think I might be able to get around $50 for the $5 ???? Sure would appreciate some input there.
The $20 has a repeating serial # , is it worth keeping or should I put it in a slot machine 😂 thanks for any info.
The repeating SN is cool, but coincidental. It would have no added value to me. I’d probably keep it though.👍🏼
 
I got these 2 bills in my change. I did a little looking around and I think I might be able to get around $50 for the $5 ???? Sure would appreciate some input there.
The $20 has a repeating serial # , is it worth keeping or should I put it in a slot machine 😂 thanks for any info.
The $5 would be got for BS poker.
$20 in the slot-why not.
It grows on trees I'm told🤣
 
What do you mean repeating serial numbers ?
 
But on a paper bill both serial numbers are the same ?
Gare, I know that ☺ , I talking about how it repeats it self half way through.
 
I knew someone who would get crisp $100 bills from the bank fresh from the mint and then sell them for $110. For some reason people were actually buying them. Infinite money hack.
Under, I hear ya, few years back I put 2 $1 star notes on eBay nothing special and got $10 for one and $12 for the other one ☺
 
Put them on Ebay and see what they will bring.
 
I have been trying to get 100 dollar bills with consecutive S/N on them but no luck :(

My bank does that frequently. I had run of 10 not too long ago. I do spend them without care, but I might still have a long string of them. I'd have to check the vault.
 
My bank does that frequently. I had run of 10 not too long ago. I do spend them without care, but I might still have a long string of them. I'd have to check the vault.
You have 100 dollar notes with consecutive serial numbers ? If you do how much ?
 
You have 100 dollar notes with consecutive serial numbers ? If you do how much ?

I did, and prolly still do. I'd have to check. Not uncommon. Just ask your bank for a bundle of new bills. They get them all the time. No one is intentionally mixing them up.

Make an offer - I'll go to the bank and see if I can get 50 of them :)


ETA: OK, I cracked open the vault. Longest series I could find is 9 brand spankin' new $100 bills.

Serial #'s ending 127A thru 135A .
 
Last edited:
My bank does that frequently. I had run of 10 not too long ago. I do spend them without care, but I might still have a long string of them. I'd have to check the vault.
U get them again let me know I wikllk buy them from you
 
U get them again let me know I wikllk buy them from you

see the post above yours. the tenth one was out of sequence by a few, but close.


ETA: I see there is real money potential ( no pun ) on ebay. Especially considering these are fresh from the mint, never circulated ( unless you count the machine that spit them out at me. I might have to tip Gare for making me wise :)


I should sell them and go back to the bank and ask for some new bills :)
 
Last edited:
Those bills are worth something more IMO. Low and high serial numbers do command a better price as well as repeater serial numbers like you have. Condition unless perfect will devalue as well. Try the site mycurrencycollection.com to learn more.(if rule broken by link please edit) To get a value go to one of the many coin collectors meets or go to a coin collector who may help or direct you to more knowledgeable people on possible values.
As to Ebay you can put them there if you like. but true value you don't know. Asking too high may work too as there are suckers out there.
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom