What's new

Two Box Detecting Finds!

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Joined
Mar 10, 2007
Messages
6,518
Reaction score
6,925
Golden Thread
0
Location
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just wondering if any two box deep seeking detector owners Have any pics/stories of their finds.

The two box* I have is very well balanced and doesn't seem all that heavy, carrying it is the easy part, it's the digging that gets me and I have to stop and rest now and again. Haven't found any substantial treasure with it yet but I've dug lots of holes 2-3 feet deep and sometimes more for old iron somethings. One hole I gave up on after close to five feet of digging, but I intend on going back sometime with some help. Yes I did fill it back in.

Forrest Gump was right! Detecting with one of these things is like eating a box of chocolates......Cause you never know what you're gonna get! :tongue3:

*Not for use in city parks. ;D

GG~

Here's one iron something I found that I'm not exactly sure what it is.
Found it about two and a half feet deep near the Ohio River in Clark County Indiana.
Maybe it once belonged to George Rogers Clark. :dontknow:
axe.webp
axe1.webp
axe2.webp
axe3.webp
 
Re: Two Box Detecting finds!

Looks like an axehead. Use a ball peen hammer to gently tap away the rust,
then use a large brasswire brush on a sturdy electric drill to uncover what it
looked like before it was dropped. Preserve from rust and enjoy the relic.

Or you could take it to a tot lot and let a newby find it.
 
It looks like an old adze head to me. Notice the offset where the handle attaches.
 
Well, at least you should take along some pine cones or peach pits, and you can play Johnny Appleseed before you fill up 'em holes. :icon_sunny:
 
When I first got my 2 box I went to a dry creek bottom and sure enough hit something deep. Well several hours later I was the proud owner of a spoke wheel. I figured I was too tire to dig the rest of the car. That has been my only real attempt with the 2 box. Cool find yes, but I didn't even take it home I was so disgusted thinking it would be a treasure chest.
 
No pics, but I dug an old dutch oven lid and an ammo can between 30"-36." Don't despair Txkickergirl, it's out there; you will find it.

Seajay
 
my wife looks like the business end of a ho
 
Goodyguy,

Please excuse my squint,the sun was in my eyes,but aren't the projectile and "two-box" pretty? Joe

ttp://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=66
 
Personally, I think that rusty artifact looks like a wedge for splitting wood.
The rounded part looks smashed up, where they would hit it... if it is a wedge. :icon_scratch:

Bran <><
 
godisnum1 said:
Personally, I think that rusty artifact looks like a wedge for splitting wood.
The rounded part looks smashed up, where they would hit it... if it is a wedge. :icon_scratch:

Bran <><

Thanks, Bran That is what I was thinking or at least that is what it looks like it was used for.
Although if it was used as a wedge for splitting logs, it seems to have a rather low incline.
However, judging by the amount of mushrooming It appears to have been struck hard and often. :thumbsup:

GG~
 
Goodyguy said:
Thanks, Bran That is what I was thinking or at least that is what it looks like it was used for.
Although if it was used as a wedge for splitting logs, it seems to have a rather low incline.
However, judging by the amount of mushrooming It appears to have been struck hard and often. :thumbsup:

GG~

Good point GG! Although, if I understand it right, aren't the wedges just used to start a split sometimes, rather than follow it all the way through? I admit that I don't know the first thing about logging or splitting wood, past using a good double sided ax. *shrugs*
Then again, maybe it was used as a mining tool or something? Like possibly a chisel??

Bran <><
 
Good point GG! Although, if I understand it right, aren't the wedges just used to start a split sometimes, rather than follow it all the way through? I admit that I don't know the first thing about logging or splitting wood, past using a good double sided ax. *shrugs*
Then again, maybe it was used as a mining tool or something? Like possibly a chisel??

Bran <>
[/quote]



Na, it's a splitter for sure. This is different than fire wood.
They were splittin long logs for building purposes.

A log splitter is a chisel. But not a mining tool. But miners
used them ta make building materials like everbody else.

Happy Huntin,

Tabdog
 
tabdog said:
Na, it's a splitter for sure. This is different than fire wood.
They were splittin long logs for building purposes.

A log splitter is a chisel. But not a mining tool. But miners
used them ta make building materials like everbody else.

Happy Huntin,

Tabdog

Huh, I learn something new every day around here... :wink:
Thanks Tabdog!

Bran <><
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom