Two boxes of halves and this is what I see...

BIGmintmark

Dec 27, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
So I picked up two boxes from one of my pickup banks today. The boxes seemed to be beat up but were taped. This was my first time getting flat boxes. Needless to say I was pretty upset when I opened them up and seen this... :angry5: What the heck!!! How do some of you do 25 boxes a week and not come across this or do you? ALL rolls were sliced down the side and most weren't even taped up. Now I get to dump 1,000 of someone elses dump!!! How many of you have ordered and got boxes like this??

Attachments

• IMG_7617.JPG
    IMG_7617.JPG
    711.3 KB · Views: 672
Upvote 0

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ouch! be careful of boxes that look tampered with!

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been there
Done that
Got Silver
Search 'em

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:BangHead:Wow thats beat I only get flat boxes... :BangHead:

OmegaMan

Dec 9, 2007
I get boxes like this now and then. It's really upsetting when people do this.
Returning them in the same boxes like this is just wrong.
Good luck on the next ones!

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
That is a depressing sight. I would check them all though. You never know what a cherry picker misses.

Golden Silver

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been offered a brinks box that was opened and I could see they were slit and taped on the side.

never seen a flat box like that though because they are glued and not taped making it harder for the person doing this to make it look like an unopened box.

It is always good practice to ask if you did not order the boxes, "did a customer bring these in or are they from the armored car delivery?" that way you can figure out if you are being bamboozled or not.

Hope it doesn't happen to you again :(

HH,
Bigheed

palidin20603

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have found 20 or so boxes like that the last 6 months, part of the deal. Just search and dump them at a different bank. After I had done that I have gotten 2 100+ keeper boxes, beileve me it is still out there.

The_EE

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2011
Constant state of misery
Primary Interest:
Other
If you didnt specifically order those boxes, what can you expect? Search them, look for errors, dump them someplace else. You win some, you lose some but always buy them all because you really never know.

OP
OP
B

BIGmintmark

Dec 27, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
These were boxes i ordered.. it wasn't just a find. They came from brinks like this. It's a loomis box

The_EE

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2011
Constant state of misery
Primary Interest:
Other
BIGmintmark said:
These were boxes i ordered.. it wasn't just a find. They came from brinks like this. It's a loomis box

Was the box opened before you got it?

Those are not Brinks wrappers, those are String Wrappers.

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just wondering Paladin

palidin20603 said:
I have found 20 or so boxes like that the last 6 months, part of the deal. Just search and dump them at a different bank. After I had done that I have gotten 2 100+ keeper boxes, beileve me it is still out there.

Because on 12/29/2011 you said:

palidin20603 said:
I am getting two boxes from the branch that gave me 154 keepers last week. My highest number of keepers in one box is 54. How about you old heads?

Not trying to nit pick too much here but I am seeing a bit of a fish story growing...unless in January you got 2 , 100+ boxes you didn't post about :D

palidin20603

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bigheed said:
Just wondering Paladin

palidin20603 said:

Because on 12/29/2011 you said:

palidin20603 said:
I am getting two boxes from the branch that gave me 154 keepers last week. My highest number of keepers in one box is 54. How about you old heads?

Not trying to nit pick too much here but I am seeing a bit of a fish story growing...unless in January you got 2 , 100+ boxes you didn't post about :D

Posted about 1 box, didn't about the other. See top of the thread list this morning. I bumped it up towards the top. Both were January finds

CubanHunter

Jan 2, 2012
Miami, Fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got these flat boxes from Chase banks all the time but they are usually glue sealed and in order to open them I need to use my knife. I have never got one opened but I would get it anyway, we never know what we are going to find. Some times we even miss silver or errors in our owns dumps.

rfishoutofwater

Feb 11, 2011
PNW
Detector(s) used
garret 350
I get these types of flat boxed single row halves from garda and the compact double stacked boxes from brinks. brinks is BofA and Flat is from my CU and Wellsfargo. Never got any opened like that. I myself do return them in the box back to my dump bank as I haven't found a bank that has a coin machine that takes halves. My dump bank does have to open them and dump them in a bag to ship out though. They prefer me to bring them boxes as its easier for them to store in there vault and when they have enough to ship out they then will open and dump into bags.

treeslayer

Apr 9, 2010
I ,had this happen twice. Boxes had tape on them, which is pretty common by me . the tellers drop them some times a they break. But the two times i got @#@@%^ , was when the boxes were tapped all the way around. I asked the teller at my pickup bank where they came from. It turns out another guy dropped them off. He took the boxes I ordered and left these. I looked , got skunked and dumped them. I then went to my pick up bank and told them if the boxes were taped up I did not want them because the rolls were all short a coin or two. Which was a little white lie , but it ended the problem. Any good luck and HH.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread