two different finds for me,

treasureguy

Jul 24, 2007
central wa st
Detector(s) used
garrett ace 250
Hello, hunted two schools, and and park today about a hour in each, found something pretty cool what do you call them?, a leavenworth bavarian village brass or copper ?what is it? off of something i don't know, found it on the edge of a sidewalk, also found a neat angel please help indentify what this is for? looks like silver but was reading as copper, it has v+k stamped in the back , what would that stand for? also found 20 pennies, 10 dimes, 2 nickels and 2 quarters again just out of silver 65'er, happy hunting all, keep it swinging, Dusty

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    63.7 KB · Views: 479
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    64.2 KB · Views: 478
Upvote 0

haz

Greenie
Jul 1, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, GTP 1350
That's a flattened souvenir penny. From one of those machines, you put in 2 quarters and a penny, pick a design, and either it squishes it, or you crack a handle to do it. Pretty cool, I haven't found one metal detecting yet.

GrantWA

Feb 27, 2005
It's from Leavenworth, Washington... They have some really great shindigs up there.. :)

Ridley

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2004
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SLII and the E series DFX and the Minelab ExplorerII
That's a "pocket angel". It's made of pewter.

Ridley

OP
OP
treasureguy

treasureguy

Jul 24, 2007
central wa st
Detector(s) used
garrett ace 250
Hello, thanks for the info guys, i did think it was pewter, i been having to much fun with these parks, i need to go out and hunt a older site, only hunted one old site and that produced a 1904 indian head, i am getting the urge to hunt for some oldies, i think i have had enought practice, keep it swinging all,

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab
:D TG, sure looks like your ready to hit some older spots and dig the older coins, ect. Nice stuff you have there, wouldn't mind having any of it in my own collection! HH

Desertfox

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i found an altoid box like that once
full of used condoms
UGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH

R

RUDY2003

Hey treasureguy, I found an Angel just like yours in a playground. Looks like silver, heavy for it's size and has the word "HOPE" stamped on the back. Looks kinda like a good luck type of thing to me.

Keep diggin'...

OP
OP
treasureguy

treasureguy

Jul 24, 2007
central wa st
Detector(s) used
garrett ace 250
Hello, yeah i looked inside that altoids can with one eye, didn't know what may be inside, i was hoping for a cache as it was buried pretty deep, it read as junk on the machine, another good reason to dig all singles, what if there was a bunch of cash rolled up inside of there, , that pressed nickel or whatever it is i found, i was digging that up and sure looked like a coin from the side, it was about 4 inches down i thought wow a hammered silver coin from Europe, lol, and then saw the angel cleary after wiping off the wet dirt, does look like a good luck charm, not off a piece of jewlery , as a few say a pocket angel that makes sense, take care all and happy hunting will post some finds here shortly, going out detecting again, later, Dusty

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrat's on the variety TG,Angel is cool....Good luck on your next dig!!

Postalrevnant

Silver Member
Jul 5, 2006
Mountains
That pocket angel is really cool. Perhaps it is meant to be your detecting luck charm? Nice finds, nothing better than getting to get out and have a good hunt.

Rev

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice finds, Dusty! Love that little angel!

Nana :)

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
Cool angel and token. It looks like you had a pretty good morning.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread