What's new

Two dream rolls with bonus

Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Joined
Sep 2, 2004
Messages
1,831
Reaction score
46
Golden Thread
0
Location
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision/V3 Spectra, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have drastically slowed my box hunting, as the returns have been pretty dismal, but I still stop at banks if I am out and about to get loose and rolls that may be available. I stopped at a Wells Fargo that has produced for me, and they had two rolls, so i gave them $20 got them both. I could immediately tell that one was shorter than the other, so I figured I was going to get shorted on the smaller roll and went to count them at a side table before I left so I could let the teller know. Look to be all silver (in reality it did have one clad), so I hurried and rerolled them and did not care if it was short or not. When I got to my car, it turned out the shorter roll was correct in count, and the larger roll had 22 coins in it. Out of the 42 coins in the two rolls, 41 were silver, and a lone 73 clad. I have not had a chance to get the mixture (had to get back to work, was on lunch break), but I saw Benji's, Walkers and 40%. This has definitely made up for the poor returns I have been receiving lately. Happy hunting!!!!!!
 
Upvote 0
mucho kudos, there wayne !

Looking forward to the breakout.
 
64s make me moist. Walkers and Benjamins!?!? way to go man!!
 
Go back in there and ask a different teller if they have any rolls. Maybe the teller you talked to knew the rolls had silver and was trying to keep as many as they can from you. Its worth a shot if its not out of the way right?

-Codes
 
Codes said:
Go back in there and ask a different teller if they have any rolls. Maybe the teller you talked to knew the rolls had silver and was trying to keep as many as they can from you. Its worth a shot if its not out of the way right?

-Codes
I know I got them all. She did not even have any in her drawer. I watched as she checked with each teller, then went and got these out of the vault. About every teller I have talked to there has said they hate messing with halves, and are glad to get rid of them. I go by there about every week, and they only have 2 - 3 roll max, just whatever someone brings in.
 
Count is in, 12 Benjamins (1960 - 1962) and 29 40%. Was mistaken on the walker, and no 1964's. Nice haul tho. ;D ;D ;D
 
Great going , pal. I bet for a fleeting second you thought that they were somehow going to take that roll away from you, and you felt compelled to get out of the bank asap. Merc 63
 
dream rolls....i love it...i would go back and see if they have any customer handrolls of other coins....just in case the person who dropped off the silver halfs may also have dropped off some silver dimes ,nickles or quarters...and don't pass up the pennies either....they have been known to have lots of wheats and even some indians :thumbsup:
 
Kudos that is a sweet score ... guess that you could call those fanasty rolls cuz you hauled 41 keepers outta 2 rolls :wink: ...one keeper passed the dream mark, congrats Ed
 
Great finds from two rolls. I need some picks though. Love to have em.

-Golden Silver
 
Silver Rocks! Happy Holidays!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom