TWO FIRSTS IN ONE HUNT!!!!!!!

BIGHEAD

Jan 5, 2008
Pensacola,Fla
Detector(s) used
,MXT 300, Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:thumbsup:I WENT OUT FOR A SHORT HUNT ON SATURDAY IN AN OLD CHURCH PARKING LOT. I'VE HAD MY DETECTOR SINCE CHRISTMAS AND LOVE THE HOBBY, BUT ALL I'VE FOUND IS A BUNCH OF CLAD AND ONE SMALL WOMENS WEDDING BAND THAT I CAN'T TELL WHAT ITS MADE OF. I HAVE SEARCHED OLD HOUSES,BALLFIELDS,CHURCHES, AND PARKS. I HAVE BEEN SO FRUSTRATED BECAUSE THE OLDEST COIN I HAVE FOUND WAS A 1962 PENNY. MY WIFE TELLS ME ITS BECAUSE I'M DETECTOR DUMB,IE I DON'T KNOW HOW TO USE MY DETECTOR YET!!! ANY WAY I STARTED CHECKING THE PARKING AREA AND FOUND A 1967 BRITISH 3 PENCE WHICH I THOUGHT WAS COOL. THEN I GOT A FUNNY PENNY SIGNAL?? I DUG IT UP AND I HAD FOUND MY FIRST WHEAT. I WAS SO EXITED I CALLED MY WIFE TO BRAG. I CONTINUED SWINGING AND FOUND 7 MORE WHEATS :icon_king: :thumbsup:. OK I WAS IN HOG HEAVEN AND IT WAS GETTING DARK SO I STARTED BACK TO THE TRUCK SWINGING ALL THE WAY. I GOT A DIME,BOTTLE CAP SIGNAL THAT I WAS GOING TO PASS ON,BUT I WAS HAVING A GOOD DAY SO WHAT THE HAY. I DUG DOWN AND AT ABOUT SIX INCHES OUT POPPED A PERFECT 1941 MERC!! :wav: I WAS SO HAPPY I TRIED TO CALL MY WIFE,BROTHER AND MOM BUT NOBODY WOULD ANSWER THE PHONE. I HAD FOUND MY FIRST SILVER COIN AND I COULDN'T TELL ANY ONE. WELL THE NEXT DAY I TOOK IT TO A COIN DEALER AT THE FLEA MARKET AND HE GRADED IT AS A VF AND ASKED ME WERE I BOUGHT IT. WHEN I TOLD HIM I HAD DUG IT, HE WAS AMAZED. I WILL POST PICTURES AS SOON AS I FIGURE OUT HOW TO DO IT. EVERY TIME I HAVE TRIED TO POST A PICTURE IT SAYS MY FILE IS TO BIG .

Upvote 0

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab
:thumbsup: Congrats on your two first Bighead. There are many more out there to be found and you seem to be getting the hang of it now. Happy Hunting

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BH,
Congrats on the nice Merc and all the wheats. It doesn't sound like you are "detector dumb", it sounds like you just hadn't hit the right spot yet until now. I would frame that dime and hang it on the wall where your wife can see you ARE the Detector Dude! :D :thumbsup:
Looking forward to seeing the picture.
Welcome to TN, and I'm looking forward to seeing your future finds too.
-MM-

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Congrats on those milestones! I used to have a problem with pictures that were too big, but I downloaded a program that allows me to shrink the file size. I think it was in Photos and Images, another section on this website. It shows up as ImageResize on my desktop. Good luck.

John Deere Digger

Bronze Member
Aug 26, 2007
So Illinois
Detector(s) used
DFX, Prism5, Minelab SE
Congrats on the great finds. I have the same problems with pictures. I found I was holding the camera too close to the coin, Back off too 2 or 3 feet and zoom in but not too far or the size will still be too big. Then use your picture program and crop off all but the coins. I don't know if this method is totally correct but it works for me. Again way to go on the first finds.
JDD

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well done, sounds like your learning fast.

(I have no-idea about your type of detector) My only advice would be learn the sounds & don't believe the VDU reading. Trying digging iffy signals to see what they are. The more rubbish you dig, the better your results will be in the long run.

Happy Hunting

Check you pctures are not over 256kb, ie crop them down to size.

TXDIRTFISHER

Dec 11, 2007
San Antonio, TX
Detector(s) used
F75LTD / Tejon
Congrats on your finds. We are all "detector dumb" to some extent when we first start out. I've been to all sorts of spots that I thought would produce 5-gallon buckets full of coins and nothing was there. Chances are someone has been there before you, or there just isn't anything there. I think we all have said "it has to be there". Actually it doesn't have to be there and some times it isn't. Focus on finding good spots to hunt and the shiny objects will continue to pop out of the ground.

Johnny Ringo Silver

Dec 6, 2007
KANSAS
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE and Sunray probe
Well done on a good days outing. Sending a big ATA-BOY your way on the two firsts!! The silver just never gets old. I'm sorry to say now that you have dug a silver, you are officially hooked for life and theres no turning back!!
You had your chance to walk away and look what you did!! Oh well.....welcome aboard!!! 8)
I have a paint program on my computer that allows me to shrink my pictures.

OP
OP
BIGHEAD

BIGHEAD

Jan 5, 2008
Pensacola,Fla
Detector(s) used
,MXT 300, Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OK I GOT THE PICTURES BUT I CAN'T FIGURE OUT HOW TO SHRINK THE FILES SO I CAN POST THEM. IT KEEPS TELLING ME THE FILE IS TO BIG. I CHECKED THE FILES AND IT SHOWS THE PICS AS 300 SOMETHING WHICH IS TO BIG. I HAVE 3 DIFFERENT EDITORS AND STILL CAN'T FIGURE IT OUT. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!! I HAVE OTHER PICTURES I'VE WANTED TO POST FOR OVER A MONTH BUT I CAN'T FIGURE OUT HOW TO DO IT.

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
someone showed me what to do, & I want to pass it on. so here goes, if you have any problems, just email me.
for paint

right click on pic you want to resize, scroll down to "open with" scroll down to "paint" it will open to the pic you want to resize. go up to left corner click on image, scroll down to "stretch/ skew" in box that appears click on first highlighted number, type in 50, in next box type in 50, then click ok, (if it isn't small enough yet do it again.) again go to left corner & hit file, click save as, & name. give it a name that lets you know you resized I didn't at first, & ended up trying to send the large file. I hope this helps. if it did, pass it on.

Lookin

Feb 15, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
White's MXT; backup - BH Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on your firsts! I hope you can get the picture thing figured out so that we can all see it! It took me awhile to figure it out. In fact, it has been a week or so, so I have probably forgotten how to do it already! Good luck and HH!!

OP
OP
BIGHEAD

BIGHEAD

Jan 5, 2008
Pensacola,Fla
Detector(s) used
,MXT 300, Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OK I HOPE THIS WORKS!!!

Attachments

• MD FINDS 1.jpg
    MD FINDS 1.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 752
  • MD FINDS 2.jpg
    MD FINDS 2.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 751
  • MD FINDS 3.jpg
    MD FINDS 3.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 735
  • MD FINDS 4.jpg
    MD FINDS 4.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 727
  • MD FINDS 5.jpg
    MD FINDS 5.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 705
  • MD FINDS 6.jpg
    MD FINDS 6.jpg
    192.4 KB · Views: 690
OP
OP
BIGHEAD

BIGHEAD

Jan 5, 2008
Pensacola,Fla
Detector(s) used
,MXT 300, Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OK IT WORKED! THANKS EVERY BODY FOR THE HELP!!!!! I HAVE SOME MORE PICS OF OTHER FINDS I WILL POST WHEN I GET TIME. RIGHT NOW I HAVE TO GET READY FOR WORK. I WILL WORK ON MAKING THE PICTURES BETTER. THANKS AGAIN FOR THE HELP.
BIGHEAD :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread