What's new

Two in One

Charl

Silver Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2012
Messages
3,091
Reaction score
4,794
Golden Thread
0
Location
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Took a couple buddies to one of my fields yesterday. Neither has much experience hunting fields. Twenty minutes in, one of my friends walked up on this. First time ever I've gotten 2 points in the same frame! All told, I found one point and he found 4, all in the first 20 minutes of walking. Told him it would be the last day I took him to that field:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:
My other buddy found a nice end quartz end scraper, something I had just told him this RI field was well known for. Both points are Late Archaic Squibnocket Stemmed, a style known from the New England states.
 

Attachments

  • image.webp
    image.webp
    261.3 KB · Views: 103
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    57.7 KB · Views: 103
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    59.6 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:
Upvote 0
The luckiest of my buddies found enough to start a frame from the site. Also the end scraper was very nice and here's a photo of some quartz scrapers from the same field. Always good when friends score walking a field for the first time. Lot of pressure in a way: "please powers that be let these guys go home happy!"
 

Attachments

  • image.webp
    image.webp
    206.8 KB · Views: 97
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    121.5 KB · Views: 102
Just a couple minutes after telling him the field was known for nice quartz end scrapers, my friend walked over with this. Partly crystalline quartz.
 

Attachments

  • image.webp
    image.webp
    45.5 KB · Views: 99
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    48.4 KB · Views: 95
Cool story, and great hunt.

I know what you mean. Took a first timer, had just got out of my truck, and was explaining what to be looking for, and his first words were "like this" and he reached down and picked up as nice a little arrowhead as I had found myself in 6 years hunting that field.
 
Cool story, and great hunt.

I know what you mean. Took a first timer, had just got out of my truck, and was explaining what to be looking for, and his first words were "like this" and he reached down and picked up as nice a little arrowhead as I had found myself in 6 years hunting that field.

Thanks quito, yeah, I told the guys in the 22 years my wife and I had been walking that field that was the wildest 20 minute quartz blitz I had ever experienced! The usual rate you hope for there is one point per hour.
 
that is cool.the two in one shot,thanks for sharing
 
Id be flipping all of the pieces in that spot after finding 2 together like that. Nice score
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom