What's new

Two items, Ive seen the one on here before, somewhere?

baspinall

Bronze Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2006
Messages
2,465
Reaction score
846
Golden Thread
1
Location
Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Equinox 800
GPX 4500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this today. I know I have seen this on here before? Carriage piece? No idea what the U piece is? Seems hand forged though.

Brian
 

Attachments

  • 028 [50%].webp
    028 [50%].webp
    127.1 KB · Views: 306
  • 029 [50%] [50%].webp
    029 [50%] [50%].webp
    55.1 KB · Views: 313
  • 030 [50%].webp
    030 [50%].webp
    144.5 KB · Views: 316
  • 031 [50%].webp
    031 [50%].webp
    143.4 KB · Views: 305
  • 032 [50%].webp
    032 [50%].webp
    128.5 KB · Views: 303
  • 033 [50%].webp
    033 [50%].webp
    209 KB · Views: 300
Yes, a finial like that was up just the other day. I forgot what the concensus was, maybe a finial to a hame. The forged staple is straight forward, and ones like this were used for barn latches, and sometimes used for harness trees among many other uses.
 
Upvote 0
Yes I beleive it was determined it was off a hames :wink:
 
Upvote 0
I like that colbalt blue butter dish. and yes it kinda looks like a hames ball, but thats way smaller than the hames ball i have out in the yard on a harness
 
Upvote 0
Hame knob for horse harness and staple to secure bow to neck yoke on ox yoke .
 
Upvote 0
Cool! Thanks guys.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom