Two more boxes of halves

Shake-N-Bake

Dec 5, 2007
Hello all,
I searched two more boxes of halves this morning, both were skunks also... I have a total of seven boxes in six days and all have been skunks. Ordered 4 boxes that will be in on friday. Lets see what they bring. I am starting to think in my area the coin processing company is searching halves. Either that or I have really bad luck with sealed boxes of halves.

Happy Hunting,
Jason

Upvote 0

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
Shake-N-Bake said:
Hello all,
I searched two more boxes of halves this morning, both were skunks also... I have a total of seven boxes in six days and all have been skunks. Ordered 4 boxes that will be in on friday. Lets see what they bring. I am starting to think in my area the coin processing company is searching halves. Either that or I have really bad luck with sealed boxes of halves.

Happy Hunting,
Jason

Chances are you are in an area with other CRHer(s), maybe who are doing huge volume (some people on here do 20+ boxes a week), and you are getting their dumps.

Not many silver halves get into the system generally. Until someone dumps their coin collection or that of a relative, etc, we just keep getting dumps.

The best situation to have is to be in an area that has not had many CRHers and be able to buy up all those halves that have been sitting in the coin courier's vault or on pallets for years. Once those have been taken, you have to wait for someone to dump silver coins into a coin counter or as hand rolls. With so many CRHers eventually our finds will be even worse than now if you can imagine that.

Maybe you can find a bank that uses a different coin courier company and try from them for awhile. Here Brinks is the main game in town, and 80% of my boxes are skunks. Even when I find some it is usually only one or two 40%s anymore. Most of the halves are marked up from CRHers, some have 3 or 4 different marks from apparent different CRHers???

Jim

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Good luck, I simply gave up back in June after about 15 straight zero boxes.
I have so much better luck with hand rolls, when I can find them.
Hopefully you you will find something that will keep you in the game. AMC

Mentone Grizz

Jul 27, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Shake-N-Bake;
I have had three skunk boxes in a row this week, which is a first for me. I have gotten completely skunked every once in a while, but so many in a row is not good at all. I even mix up my supply banks to try to keep it interesting, but that hasn't helped either. You have to be a hopeless junkie to keep pounding at it with no results........which, of course, I will continue to do.
- Grizz

OP
OP
Shake-N-Bake

Shake-N-Bake

Dec 5, 2007
I will keep plugging away at the boxes halves, because hand rolled are just not around. In the past two weeks I have opened 6 bank accounts which gives me about 35 branch locations with 10 minutes of my home. I STILL cant get hand rolled halves once I cleaned them out a week ago. Next week my box count will be at twelve, I plan I doing that for a month to see if the 48 boxes produce anything.

On a good note I found a great bank that has a free coin counter so no more rolling coins. ;D When I opened the account the branch manager was very friendly and asked why "this" bank and I said the coin counter machine. She asked do you search rolled coins? I kinda hesitated and said yes. She said she would order any boxes I needed and fell free to bring them back to the machine. I was shocked. She said her late husband used to do the same thing, and feel free to use her bank as a source and dump. OK!!!!! :icon_sunny: Needles to say bagels and coffee for this bank on Friday!

I will keep searching and let ya know what else I find(or dont find) I just want a box that has something, well besides clad!!! LOL!

Happy Hunting,
Jason

Mercury63

Oct 20, 2008
Jason - even though you have been getting skunked lately it seems like you have a pretty elaborate system going and you should yield some good scores going forward

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
Here Brinks is the main game in town, and 80% of my boxes are skunks.
i have found the same with Loomis....been saying it for awhile now...all of my finds have been from loosies and handrolls turned in by customers...only found 2-40%ers in machine rolls...i'm just going to wait a month before going back and making the rounds on the banks...hopefully someone will have dropped something off in that time...in the meantime i will occasionally hit a bank that always has machine rolls on hand for me, just in case ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions