Two more boxes of halves...

lockespop

Nov 4, 2011
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Was surprised to have an order of two boxes come in early this week, so I got out to pick it up this morning and got it home as soon as I could. Opened the second roll from the first box (Loomis) and found a 1968. Not a bad start.

Unfortunately the other 98 rolls weren't going to cooperate.

Box 1: (1) 1968
Box 2: Skunk

So, for the first two weeks of searching halves, I've got a success rate of .0015% - not good.

I need to find a hotspot!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
lockespop

lockespop

Nov 4, 2011
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Took the kids out for some family fun today, got myself a coffee and paid with cash (99% of the time I use my bank card to pay for everything, not sure why I decided on cash today), got my change back from the girl at the drive-thru - 1961 Rosie Dime for my troubles!

Just when the 1/1000 halves got me down, a nice silver rosie pulled me right back into the game!

This is seriously addicting! May have to get a few boxes of dimes if the halves don't start to pan out a bit better!

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's different in different parts of America. I quit dimes when I started averaging 1 silver dime every 3 boxes(or 1 every $750)... 1/7500.

Anyway, congrats on your nice score on a roosie. Paid for the drive thru meal!

Not trying to put your hopes down, it's just the sad truth. Welcome to the insaine addiction!!

HH(happy hunting) and happy holidays!

Brush64

Oct 30, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
My first four boxes that I picked up today were all a big fat SKUNK. All four of them. Nothing. Notta. El-zilcho. I knew it as soon as I saw the clerk wheel my boxes out of the vault. They were brand new boxes; they even had a DECEMBER 2011 inspection stamp on them...and it's not even December!

Oh well, looking forward to my other boxes later this week. Hopefully I'll score some beautiful Ag in those :)

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It seems to be getting tougher--I think more people are conscious of the metal values now that they've broken records so recently.

All the best though,

Lanny

Brush64

Oct 30, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
I believe you are correct, Lanny. It does seem to be getting tougher. But having said that, I really can't complain too much because so far Thanksgiving is turning out to be my best month so far this year. I had a really good week last week, so it's just tough to go from that sort of 'high' to an immediate 'low' of four skunk boxes in a row :'(

But we both know it's out there, so I will keep searching and I with you continued success as well!

All the best,

LDJ

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread