Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got out early to Baltimore City park "A" and did a grid search of any area of interest. Results: 5 wheats, some clad and a few oddities.

Went to park "B" to hunt a few hours with Andy and we did our best on a hilltop. Not much: a 1912 wheat and some clad for me and Andy came away with clad and two Victorian era artifacts.

I headed for the part of the hilltop closer to the road and was pleasantly surprised with two Indians: 1880, 1906, a few wheats and an 8 clad dime spill. Finished out near the mansion and first hole there was a very toasty 1865 Indian, followed by hole #2 with three wheats. Finished out the day search for the guard's keys, but no luck.

Finds.jpg

Upvote 17
Gotta love those Indians !!!! 3 in one day is pretty sweet !!!

Nice hand full of IH's - wheaties & relics - I like those indians - great two park hunt and thanks for sharing your pictures & story with us. I wish you many more great finds while out dirt fishing.

Texas ED

I am with the other boys... three IHCs is a good haul... and yours always look so nice. Mine are always roached.

Best of luck to you sir!

Three Indians and some wheats, not a bad day at all, Congrats!!

Thanks deershed! The 1880 and 1906 came form the same general vicinity that I was pulling "toasted" Indians from back in April; not so for these two.

Thanks pepperdawg! Heading back to park "A" for an early hunt tomorrow. Let's see what turns up.

Thanks Carolina Tom! It had been quite awhile since my last multiple Indian hunt. Always a nice surprise.

Thanks ATW! The Indain Head penny and the Barber dime are two of my favorite coins to find. Just like today it seems people lost more pennies and dimes than anything else.

Thanks Art! Always like breaking the century mark and it's most likely to occur with the Indian Head penny. Happy Hunting!

Thanks Texas Ed! Appreciate your comments. Hope to be swinging over God's good earth early tomorrow AM.

Thanks digger dad! Yes sir! At that point in the day I didn't think I'd be heading home with any, but then I put the coil down over the right spots and .... bingo!

Thanks silver john! Yes, it would have been sweet to locate those keys for the groundskeeper, but I gave it a good effort.

The 1880 IHP looks like an error coin to me! Nice haul!

Thanks ecmjamsit! Here's a pic of the 1880 penny. The obverse has a couple minor differences from an 1882. Let me know what you think.
ihp1880.jpg

I'm no coin expert. I think the obverse side of the coin is an off center die strike. It might be worth having the coin graded as I see on ebay that error coins command higher prices. The best pictures of coins are taken by a flatbed scanner.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back