What's new

Two point weekend. Yahoo!

Sidevalve45

Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2007
Messages
603
Reaction score
692
Golden Thread
0
Location
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter/Sharp Shooter
Hello,
I know some of you have some pretty fertile ground when it comes to finding artifacts but this weekend the wife and I both found a respectable point which is hard to do around here and I'm very happy out it. The one on the right was found on Friday and has a nice root beer color. I'm thinking Waubesa, Adena or locally known as a beavertail. The one on the left was found by my wife yesterday and only has one small chip in the base. It's also made of the darker Hixton sugar quartz and measures 2 7/8" long and is quite thin. I'm wondering what other would consider this one. If it's a Madison point it seems kind of large for that. If it's a Stansfield or a Cobb it seems to short. I don't know.
 

Attachments

  • Two points 1.webp
    Two points 1.webp
    25.8 KB · Views: 121
  • Two points.webp
    Two points.webp
    25.9 KB · Views: 114
Upvote 0
Im not up to speed on your local tribes but I would like to say that the color and quality of your points are top notch..congrats!!!
 
Nice finds!! The material is awesome!
 
You got 2 nice points congrats on those. The one on the left might of been longer before they shortened it by retouching the edges. Still a great find.
 
Those are some mighty find points that you have found! :icon_thumleft: Cool!
 
Those are great finds- congrats! I agree the one on the left looks re-touched-- and in fact looks more like a knife blade than anything-- at least if it were found in my neck of the woods. And just a quick 'side bar' note about 'tribes'. A tribal connection is more likely made when you're talking about 'historic' stuff like leather, bead work, baskets and painted pottery, clothing... Most of the items we see on this site are pre-historic and are identified by region, style, material- and sometimes we can assign a name to a piece, sometimes we can't. But not a tribe. so... I just thought I say that- just to clear that up a little. Hope no one takes offense- as none was intended. HH! Yakker
 
Those are great finds- congrats! I agree the one on the left looks re-touched-- and in fact looks more like a knife blade than anything-- at least if it were found in my neck of the woods. And just a quick 'side bar' note about 'tribes'. A tribal connection is more likely made when you're talking about 'historic' stuff like leather, bead work, baskets and painted pottery, clothing... Most of the items we see on this site are pre-historic and are identified by region, style, material- and sometimes we can assign a name to a piece, sometimes we can't. But not a tribe. so... I just thought I say that- just to clear that up a little. Hope no one takes offense- as none was intended. HH! Yakker

Hello,
Thank you for your input. I don't see what your referring to as retouched. Can you elaborate.

Thank you,
Sidevalve45
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom