What's new

Two Thumbs Up, Thumps Down

StoneWhisper

Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2010
Messages
790
Reaction score
219
Golden Thread
0
Location
Annapolis Junction, Maryland
Primary Interest:
Other
Oh boy.. Here we go again. I just received an email message from one of the "other" forums I participate in.. indicating the public posting of my "Thumbs Up" or "Thumbs Down" was not allowed.. Yet their forum, as well as other sites like Facebook and Google plus, have this thumbs up/thumbs down or like option and clearly allows member/users to post these within the topics..


In other words.. when I thumbs up someone's post and I openly say that I like their post.. Yet not reply to the post.. is being viewed as spamming the forums..


So now there are two issues.. One I can't create a signature, yet the forum allows for signatures.. and now I can't thumbs up a liked post because it will offend someone else..So what good is a thumbs up or a thumbs down. Clearly these sites don't want to hurt anyone's feeling by giving them thumbs up or down or others will become jealous.


Lastly, many of these forums and sites also have thumbs down.. and I've yet to use them.. Matter of fact I sent Facebook (while I was there) a suggestion pertaining to the thumbs down option and I doubt we'll ever see that. but after that admin made this comment saying that I can't thumbs up posts.. I'll be doing allot more thumbs down from now on..


I just sent a message to the Host/Admins of that site:


I've just received a message from the moderator (Name Hidden) indicating that I am not allowed to public post "thumbs up" within the forums and that this was meant to be done in private/anomalously.. Clearly If I like a post or if I don't like a post I will say it with the thumbs up or down option.. having the Mod tell em I can't post this openly is my own personal preference.. if the forum (which most site now have this option) of posting thumbs up/down or likes and we are able to use this option.. then I will continue to use these thumbs up or down based on my approval or disapproval of said topics.
Update


You have been banned for the following reason:
Trouble maker plus deleting all of his prior posts!

Date the ban will be lifted: 04-03-2014, 01:00 PM

Big Deal.. Why go through all that trouble to ban me for a whole week. So in light of this.. and If I actually decide to return to "that" forum.. I will continue to "Thumbs Up" or "Thumbs Down" any post we've deemed worthy/unworthy or they simply have to remove the Thumbs Up Option. No one and I mean No one is going to tell me I can't say or do within reason and within the forums.

As a supporter of TreasureNet, I've pushed for them to incorporate the "like" button several years ago.. and as you can see it's been incorporated. I can't say that I'm the only one who has pushed for this option.. But it's becoming apparently that when sites have these options.. Not just the like or thumbs up, but the unlike or thumbs down.. the forums fear that those receiving the unlike will be offend.

This all bowls down to.. we can't say "God" anymore.. or we can't speak the pledge of allegiance or discipline our children in public in fear that someone will call the police on us etc.. This holds true to one of my blogs from last year.. My Photographic freedom is at stake because someone doesn't want me to take a picture of a mushroom in their yard and reported me to the cops.. Or take this time.. It was raining so I took a walk with my umbrella.. walking into a store I was surrounded by 6 cops with their guns drawn.. claiming some one reported a person fitting my description walking into a store carrying a riffle..
That shop owner still asks "where's my riffle" and it's just not funny anymore.. how does it feel when you piss your pants seeing 6 police offers, guns drawn and in your face and you've done nothing wrong..
 
Last edited:
Sounds like a "Craig" problem..
 
you have to watch your self very closely to day or your domed here and there and every ware
don't lash out
or the one percent will own you
 
you have to watch your self very closely to day or your domed here and there and every ware
don't lash out
or the one percent will own you

Or... resistance is futile, conform to the 99%, where you can trade your liberty for safety!
 
It was raining so I took a walk with my umbrella.. walking into a store I was surrounded by 6 cops with their guns drawn.. claiming some one reported a person fitting my description walking into a store carrying a ..[/QUOTE

Cops could have shot you down. Happens . A guy in NY fit a discription. Was shot at 46 times. He was holding his wallet cops thought it was a gun. He wasn't the guy they were looking for. Some of you might rember the case.
 
I really don't understand if they have the option available,
members are going to use it.

Now if you had your own thumbs down like this

index.webp
for example & went around our Forum being a self appointed downer,
You would be warned.
& if you told us to take a hike, you'd be gone Quicker then .... :laughing7:

however if we supplied a thumbs down button, we would have to live with it being used.
Of course we don't want to drive members away so I hope we never have a thumbs down.
it would not be family friendly.

but

index.webp

as for creating a signature :dontknow: depends ... on what that signature would be for
 
what's the different some one make a sny remark then put a thums up icon next to it
ether way it is still distasteful

for instance
fisher, bounty hunter, Teknetics are first Texas product :icon_thumleft:
 
what's the different some one make a sny remark then put a thums up icon next to it
ether way it is still distasteful

for instance
fisher, bounty hunter, Teknetics are first Texas product :icon_thumleft:

yes if you are going around giving a thumbs up to every downer comment
(as in agreeing with attacks)
your a downer also.

I don't think it's a banable offense on it's on though.
there would have to be additional problems to at least warrant a ban imo

as the person who made the snide comment would be worse

by the way my understanding,
fisher, bounty hunter, Teknetics are first Texas products am I wrong ?
it's not meant as a downer, it's just a fact if I'm not mistaken.
 
Last edited:
yes if you are going around giving a thumbs up to every downer comment
(as in agreeing with attacks)
your a downer also.

I don't think it's a banable offense on it's on though.
there would have to be additional problems to at least warrant a ban imo

as the person who made the snide comment would be worse

by the way my understanding,
fisher, bounty hunter, Teknetics are first Texas products am I wrong ?

no Jeff
you are correct but some people on hear don't see it that way :icon_thumleft:
 
Members can use thumb up on any post, we have no thumbs down icon for a reason. If someone post one they are removed and usually asked to please not post them.....






American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......
 
common sense rules the day I believe. Be good to each other and keep the comments positive for all to enjoy. I believe it's okay to post your own ideas/beliefs on a topic as long as you are not being putting someone else down. think of the forum like TV. if you don't like what you are seeing turn the channel. Peace and happy hunting to all! :) (I would hope we could all enjoy this wonderful place and keep it family friendly for all. There is enough negativity in the world, let this be our little happy place). yes the sky is many colors in my world. Yes I have lost my mind and I hope I never find it. :)
 
I give thumbs up and at times don't have any comments to add (as hard as that is to believe that I wouldn't have a comment, Lol! ).
I agree voodoo, and you surely will never find it if your looking with a metal detector! Lol!

Here's to T Net and all the great, wonderful people on it, mods too! :occasion14:
 
Last edited:
Its a privilege to use forums...if the ones that run it don't want you there they can get rid of you...they usually give fair warning before they take action.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom