What's new

Two trips to the Barber and smashed Injun

jwp1964

Full Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2014
Messages
153
Reaction score
215
Golden Thread
0
Location
Maryville, TN
Detector(s) used
XP Deus Lite, Garrett Freedom Ace Plus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Starting to get around after back surgery 2 months ago. Got out with Gonebeeping to a "hunted out" spot we have detected many times. Weather was perfect. Swung for about 2.5 hours after Kenny got off work.

Kenny did all my digging for which I very much appreciate the help. Doc says no bending yet.

I started with what I thought was a train smashed wheat. Turns out to be a 1905 Injun, #11 on the year. I also got a 1916 and 1929D wheat, #s545/6 FTY, then things got interesting.

Got a deep nice tone with Deus Lite. Had Kenny check it out with his Deus and he said sounds like silver. Kenny said he'd definitely dig that so he went to work and out popped an 1895S Barber Quarter, semi-key date!!!!! We couldn't believe it given how much we hunted this place.

Well, we kept swinging and about an hour later I was back to within a couple yards of where I got the quarter and got another faint nice tone with no VDI. Had Kenny check it and he said sounds pretty good. He dug it and popped out a 1905 Barber dime from about 7-8"! My first double Barber day in quite awhile. Silvers 59-60 FTY.

Thanks again to Kenny/Gonebeeping for digging!

Hoping I can do my own digging soon.

adb5cf3973c026be6c27ede03f7944fa.jpg


0a70fe4a86b4f4b780c3f2e570f9bdd5.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Upvote 40
coin_collection.gif
Nice finds! Thanks for sharing...
 
Nice haul. Congrats!
 
Great job on those 2 Barbers. They are nice looking coins.
 
Awesome job. I love those barbers.
 
Great finds. Great to have friends like Kenny! Thanks for the post!
 
Last edited:
Very nice congrats on some nice finds
 
Nice story and cool finds, congratulations! :occasion14:
 
Sweet !! Love to see a Barber looking back at me , Congrats !
 
Nice haul!! Congrats :occasion14:
 
Kenny sounds like a good friend for helping you dig up some good finds.

I'd have pocketed those Barbers and said "nope, it's just a zincoln" haha, kidding of course!

Great job on the finds
 
coin_collection.gif
Nice finds! Thanks for sharing...

Nice haul. Congrats!


Great job on those 2 Barbers. They are nice looking coins.

Awesome job. I love those barbers.

Sweet Barbers. Kudos to Kenny for helping a friend.
Congrats

Great finds. Great to have friends like Kenny! Thanks for the post!

Very nice congrats on some nice finds

Thanks all! It is very nice to having a hunting buddy willing to help out. With that said Kenny does have limits...after the second Barber he told me if I found another one he was going break my machine over my head, lol! I think he was joking...




Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Wow! Congratulations! :occasion14:
 
Congrats on the great finds and for being able to get back at it so soon after back surgery!

-- Jeff --
 
Holy Moly good friend you got and great finds Thanks for sharing!!!!!!!!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom