mfitzy111
Hero Member
- #1
Thread Owner
I'm learning I really have no patience for stupid people...my girl friend suggested we check out an old school site converted to a small town park on the way home from detecting in the heat this Sunday...I was still wanting to hunt, even in the 90 something heat and it was on the way home. we stopped in and I started detecting the little shady areas in the park - two brats came as we where there just out of our site and trashed the place- crushed cans and wrappers- we had both passed that spot coming in and it was clean before the little beasts messed it up. I picked up about 10 cans- the lawn mower there mows them...and what finally set me off was seeing a few holes that someone dug and did not recover a coin from (because I checked it and recovered their coin from their sad attempt to cut a plug.) they covered the hole with grass clippings.
I would assume they didn't have a pin pointer to miss the penny they missed. I would also assume they really didn't put the time in to learn their machine either...I found this pink ring there. no idea- no markings so it's probably costume jewelry, but it was really shiny and a Dr friend of my girlfriend's who saw it says it might be white gold...no idea. but it made me feel better, after seeing the dumb stuff people did in that park I'm not likely going back there- so I don't get in trouble for messing that place up...Waymart Pa if your new to detecting - PM me... I'd be happy to show you how to dig a good plug, and even show you what little I know...this is my first year detecting myself...sorry about the bad camera phone pics...
I want that. hopefully people that are making messes will come around, and there was no one there at the time but my girlfriend and I- the two kids came around, messed the place up and left. if someone else was there I'd have talked to them and showed them the right way to recover stuff with out making a mess.. I had to learn it on here before I knew what was right myself. I had people complaining about my not using head phones when I first started out...so I know about what it's like to just start out...anyhow I do what I can... 







