relichunters
Bronze Member
- #1
Thread Owner
So it happens to me all the time, when I find a new playground to detect there is some kind of stupid carpet thing like 3 inches under the woodchips. Last year it was on like 10 different playgrounds, and this year 1 (before I got poison ivy).
It's really hard to dig something with those things, and like it will go off under the netting, and I can't get it. I think it might be a nail or something holding it down, but why would it ring up as coin? I think the next time it happens im going to bring a knife and cut up the net to get below it. Might be an old wheat penny or something!
It's really hard to dig something with those things, and like it will go off under the netting, and I can't get it. I think it might be a nail or something holding it down, but why would it ring up as coin? I think the next time it happens im going to bring a knife and cut up the net to get below it. Might be an old wheat penny or something!
Ooooops did I say that?
Naw, must've been the other Boogeyman
) from earlier in the post... do you have children, grand children? would you not want them to have a nice place to play? A safe place to play? Why stop with just a little slit to maybe retrieve a penny or rusty piece of crap? Maybe you could take some spray paint to the place and redecorate it a little because the color is wrong. The stuff you are talking about cost quite a bit...but that's OK because it is most likely paid for by the Tax Payer, you and I...so what is a little cut here and there until it is ripped to shreds? It won't hurt anything because you will be sure and cover it up. Let's see $200.00 of weed block and that's on the tax payers, You get the nail, pull tab or if lucky a wheaty or better...and we wonder why people don't want us to hunt on their property...Just my 2 cents worth. Sorry Frozen ground is making me mean and nasty.







