What's new

uglyest U.S coin

twitchmn

Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 4, 2009
Messages
37
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
I was looking through my 2009 red book and I thought wow some of the coin designs are really ugly. so I just wan't to know you u think is the uglyest coin. I think that the peace dollar is pretty ugly and plain.
 
Upvote 0
pizzaman55792 said:
hands down the ugliest coin in Us history

Yea that Special Olympics coin is bad!!! ;D
 
My take on best looking coin it the early bust dollar from 1796, Walking Liberty for halves, Standing liberty for Quarter, capped bust dime, The buffalo nickel for 5 cents pieces, I think the nickel 3 cent piece is the most beautiful of the lower denominations, the coronet head for the large cents and the flying eagle for the small cents.

These designs should be revisited in some form or another if you ask me.

-Golden Silver
 
i agree with all in that the modern coins are cheap and they look it
look at a Merc and compare it to a Roosie....no contest...look at a Buff and compare to the Jeff....not even going to get into all the brand new ones
i agree about going back to Lady Liberty or woman instead of elected officials....all a bunch of crooks anyway
look at the Morgan....that is one beautiful coin and it was portraying a school teacher from PA. sure is nicer than an Obama coin or that special olympics one(UGH...that is one ugly woman) i think maybe they did a portrait of one of the local newscasters ;D...ever see some of thier women?
 
The new Presidential dollars look like casino chips!!! :tard:
 
:thumbsup:
 

Attachments

  • obama__1_colorized_webformat.webp
    obama__1_colorized_webformat.webp
    68.2 KB · Views: 247
mistergee said:
.....or that special olympics one(UGH...that is one ugly woman)
Thats even worse I thought it was some guy on drugs. Look at those eyes. :o
Never saw one of those before he/she gets my ugly vote.
 
KENNEDY HALF & FRANKLIN HALF

I hate the looks of Both.

Of course the Anthony & SAC DOLLARS
are Very Ugly also.
 
silvercop said:
the new president dollars are ugly to me....i can't believe anyone would want to collect them.

Forgot about Them

Yes all Presidents & Real People make Coins Ugly

Let's go back to Lady Liberty
or New Designs
 
I agree that the modern coins, within the last 60 years haven't been too appealing to look at.
I think the artistic talent has gone out of coins to a "picture" look of people on coins and items (state quarter reverses).
A complete change to all the present day circulating coinage is needed. We need all new designs on the cent, nickel, dime and quarter. Keep the halfs and dollar coins for collecters.

The late 1800's coins up until the 1930's were some of the best designs made.Standing Liberty, Walking Liberty, Mercury Dime,Barber coins,Indian Head cents....bring some good designs back to our coins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
I personally like all the Older standing, seated or walking Liberty coins. As well as the barber and Merc's.

As a child I also collected Stamps because I enjoyed the art. I mean the stamps looked like money. But now Stamps Suck as well. Ans most of them are stickers Which completely ruined it for me.

Nothing like the good ole days.

Buy the way all the current U.S. coins suck. Especially all of the Golden dollar coins. They discolor and degrade as soon as they hit the air. And the lettering on the edge is preposterous. You can hardly read it. Might as well not even be there.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"

I'll bet you could not get any of them to grade MS60 or above.

Actually the Canadian coins I'm finding here in Mi. are 100 times better quality and all of them look like proof's. Anyone else see that?

Mojo
 
coinmojo said:
I personally like all the Older standing, seated or walking Liberty coins. As well as the barber and Merc's.

As a child I also collected Stamps because I enjoyed the art. I mean the stamps looked like money. But now Stamps Suck as well. Ans most of them are stickers Which completely ruined it for me.

Nothing like the good ole days.

Buy the way all the current U.S. coins suck. Especially all of the Golden dollar coins. They discolor and degrade as soon as they hit the air. And the lettering on the side is preposterous.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"

I'll bet you could not get any of them to grade MS60 or above.

Actually the Canadian coins I'm finding here in Mi. are 100 times better quality and all of them look like proof's. Anyone else see that?

Mojo
Mojo, I hear ya, I see alot of the Canadians in dimes and they have a mirror-like gleam to them!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom