What's new

Uknown Gold Mark

TheCaribbeanDigger

Hero Member
Joined
Aug 15, 2013
Messages
600
Reaction score
753
Golden Thread
0
Location
Puerto Rico
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Fisher F75, Garrett AT Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi folks, I’m wondering what’s the mark on this ring. The reason is that it was found on a beach where there was a battle fought 1769. I dont think it might be from that time but hey who might not think about it? I’m sure this ring is european. Please, any help and info I would appreciate it. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1537196056.477591.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1537196072.240233.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1537196087.838896.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1537196100.194563.webp
 
Upvote 0
Google hallmarks and after a while youll find it
 
Upvote 0
The 585 signifies 14K gold. What exactly does the hallmark show?

Look like.

K ?
585
And an emblem or design (What is the emblem?)
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
The 585 signifies 14K gold. What exactly does the hallmark show?

Look like.

K ?
584
And an emblem or design (What is the emblem?)

It looks like a face/bust looking to the left, possibly has a helmet? I found this illustration, looks like the face at the buttom. What do you think?
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1537264002.227055.webp
 
Upvote 0
Heres the best I could do...
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1537272739.738833.webp
 
Upvote 0
I'm no help, but just wanted to say that's a great ring!
 
Upvote 0
So its K583 not K585. K583 is typically used by Russian Jewelers and is basically the same thing as 585 or 14K.

The bust could be a left facing helmeted Mercury. But I can only find Mercury on silver jewelry.
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Possibly a Polish gold hallmarked.
 

Attachments

  • zloto.webp
    zloto.webp
    42.5 KB · Views: 69
Upvote 0
Thanks guys that definitely nails it! Sweet, looks like the ring dates back from 1963 to 1986. Awesome, I'll take it!
 
Upvote 0
looks like a helmeted bust, looking left.
That separate Hallmark, isn't identifiable in any pics, BUT - that is a good-looking ring!
Nice Find! :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
I got a piece of antique polish made gold jewelry. A member named zombieracoon figured out the marks it had as being Poland gold marks. You can pickup a lot of useful information staying tuned to this forum.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom