What's new

Umm, petrified dino poop?

nathan104

Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 23, 2006
Messages
403
Reaction score
316
Golden Thread
0
Location
Emory TX
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, AT Pro, propointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this when I was a teenager. It doesnt seem like a regular rock. Always thought it looked like petrified animal poop. Any idea if its anything other than just a rock?

IMG_1091_zpse146f034.jpg


IMG_1090_zpsa427d724.jpg
 
I would appreciate ANY opinions. Just a rock? petrified something? meteorite?
 
Hi Nathan, I don't think you item is a coprolite. It looks like a piece of Hematite. Here is one for an example.


images.webp
 
I have one really similar. I took it to a rock shop in Arkansas and they said they have only seen one like it and it was found in the Dallas area. Which is where you and I both live. I'm from Campbell not far from you. I can't post my pick because I'm on my iPad. I also thought mine was petrified poop.
 
Hello, Threadcandy. I was just browsing the fossil forum and read that you're in Campbell. I live in Cumby. Welcome to TreasureNet. It's nice to see a neighbor on here. I assume you are familiar with the river bed up at Ladonia, a great place for fossil hunting.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom