Unbelievable eyeball find!

Goldenplug

Jul 30, 2014
Upstate, ny
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250 8.5 x 11 dd coil, teknetics t2, sniper coil, dd coild, lesche digger, gator tool, garrett propointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok so I'm walking down the sidewalk in Albany, NY. I'm almost done working for the day and I'm looking down as I often do for anything somebody might have dropped that might be of value. This has been something I've always done (and I'm sure many of you do as well) and it has paid off a number of times usually its paper money. Something shiny and round catches my eye and forces me to take a step back. It's in the patch of grass between the sidewalk and the street. I bend over and reach down and I pull up this... ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1433451528.693316.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1433451546.358884.jpgUNBELIEVABLE!!! Thanks for looking!!

Upvote 30
Probably grades Good, but it looks pretty natural, doesn't look cleaned.

Ok thanks, thats what I thought too. I'm just siked to own my first capped bust anything!!

Go figure! Some of my oldest coins have been fresh drops. Someone recently got a Morgan Dollar at a tot lot I recall.

My theory: sidewalk was recently replaced. Soil was graded at the edge and thats what roughed this beauty up.

I'd take my detector back and really check that spot out.

Sweet eye ball find, i do all my searching in Albany NY, and i must say i have found silver and coppers off the side walk after a rain storm, nice find brother...:occasion14:

Very nice find. It sure beats my trime I found in a parking lot in OKC. That hasn't been cleaned unless it just had some water on it. The patina looks good.

Sweet eye ball find, i do all my searching in Albany NY, and i must say i have found silver and coppers off the side walk after a rain storm, nice find brother...:occasion14:
Sweet eyeball find. And being a Southern Boy it just makes me shake my head hearing about finding silver and coppers walking down the street. I love to eyeball washes after a good rain and while I did find a V nickel back in October its a rarity here. Marbles and clad with the occasionall expired EBT card is about the norm.

I knew there was a reason to go to Albany. Didn't know what it was till now.

I found a 1724 king George half penny laying on the surface along side a creek when I was a kid. Helped get me interested in history at a young age

Congrats on finding a coveted coin. Very few bust dimes ever get posted here, either found with a metal detector or otherwise. Geez, I think I should start looking down more.

Geez, I think I should start looking down more.

Looking down is significantly under-rated unless you are in New York City where it will get you mugged. I too always look down and around and have found a surprising amount of both coins and bills over the years.

I was out in the middle of TN on top of a high hill and found tons of of marine fossils eroding out of a parking lot hillside and ending up on the ground. Many of them were complete, fully 3-dimensional Brachiopods. I checked and they were roughly 450 million years old.

One of the best eyeball finds I have seen on Tnet!

Sweet eyeball find. And being a Southern Boy it just makes me shake my head hearing about finding silver and coppers walking down the street. I love to eyeball washes after a good rain and while I did find a V nickel back in October its a rarity here. Marbles and clad with the occasionall expired EBT card is about the norm.

Believe me. Up north its no different. I just got LUCKY :)

Looking down is significantly under-rated unless you are in New York City where it will get you mugged. I too always look down and around and have found a surprising amount of both coins and bills over the years.

I was out in the middle of TN on top of a high hill and found tons of of marine fossils eroding out of a parking lot hillside and ending up on the ground. Many of them were complete, fully 3-dimensional Brachiopods. I checked and they were roughly 450 million years old.

That is so cool.

Hmm, i have to go to albany, twice, next at two hours each trip with nothing to do but wait for my step daughter. I was going to read but i have a new plan, now!:occasion14:

Hmm, i have to go to albany, twice, next at two hours each trip with nothing to do but wait for my step daughter. I was going to read but i have a new plan, now!:occasion14:

Good luck to you!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back