What's new

UNBELIEVABLE FIND LOOK AT THE 1795 FLOWING HAIR HALF!!!

outraged

Hero Member
Joined
Apr 14, 2007
Messages
531
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
Location
East Greenbush NY
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT/Troy Shadow X2/Ace 250
Unbelievable that is the first thing that came to mind when I found out my field has been mowed...I have been waiting for this moment for months...Driving by every day!!! Well today I got the call...It has been MOWED!!!! No way I said.....Yes way dude....I am on my way!!! And that is how it all started. I met my buddy John at the field and we decided to work around the area we parked. I usually park 100 feet further up the road so I had never hit this area....My first signal.....And what a signal........Now anyone who uses a Whites XLT knows if you get a +89 signal that does not waiver....You dig very carefully....I took my time pinpointing this target....5" deep....Well After getting down 5 inches I was still hitting a strong+89......Oh boy....I am telling you people....I had goosebumps....I still do....But there was a problem.....My target was not in the center of the hole like my trusty Whites XLT told me....Nor was it 5"s deep...It was on the side of the hole...at a HALF inch!!!! OMG I scratched it.....Poor John....He must have thought I was insane...I was running across the field on a dead run.....Screaming punch me in the face...I ruined it....What he was thinking......Until I opened my hand.... And there it was.............OMG A 1795 FLOWING HAIR HALF DOLLAR!!!! Well let me tell you....I am not sure IF I scratched her or if she was hit by the plow...All I know is she was hit....A HEART BREAKING thing...I almost puked on the spot...I hope this does kill the value....I also found this button...It has a girl scout type symbol with GS on the top an some type of bird in the symbol....And this worn big time...coppa. My buddy found a 1787 NJ copper in very nice shape....I would tell you more but I really want to post this....I must go puke now...sigh... ;D
 

Attachments

  • draped.webp
    draped.webp
    30.1 KB · Views: 6,763
  • backdraped.webp
    backdraped.webp
    41.4 KB · Views: 7,010
  • edge.webp
    edge.webp
    5.1 KB · Views: 6,319
  • button.webp
    button.webp
    10.7 KB · Views: 6,264
  • coppa.webp
    coppa.webp
    10.2 KB · Views: 6,230
Upvote 2
Re: UNBELIEVABLE FIND UNBELIEVABLE DAY LOOK AT THE FLOWING HAIR!!!

KirkPA said:
Oh, I forgot, you swing one of the best detectors on the market: WHITE'S!

I dont never think I ever saw no one who swung a Minelab find a wilver Flowing! NO WAY!

*Just pulling your strings Minelabers! :-* :D
I just did some research on this coin....I think it is a half dollar. I compared it to my silver dollar and it is a little smaller but a little bigger than a half dollar. On the rim it reads...FIFTY CENTS OR HALF A DOLLAR....I feel silly now...lol. O well I guess it is a Half dollar....Sigh
 
Re: UNBELIEVABLE FIND UNBELIEVABLE DAY LOOK AT THE FLOWING HAIR!!!

Holy fecal matter......sweet sweet sweeeeeeeet...congrats man.........
 
Re: UNBELIEVABLE FIND UNBELIEVABLE DAY LOOK AT THE FLOWING HAIR!!!

Nice coin!!!! Nice piece of history in your hand.
 
Re: UNBELIEVABLE FIND UNBELIEVABLE DAY LOOK AT THE FLOWING HAIR!!!

Holy, Flowing! Holy, Dollar! Holy, Silver! Holy! Holy! Holy!

You rock, bud, you rock, bud, you rock, bud! :-*

You ROCK!

*Before I clicked post, KirkPA slapped me straight across my jib! He stated, "Get a hold of yourself, zoy! Kyle, Kyle, Kyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyle!"
 
Re: UNBELIEVABLE FIND UNBELIEVABLE DAY LOOK AT THE FLOWING HAIR!!!

WHO CARES, BUD? IT DON'T MATTER TO NOBODY THAT DON'T EVER FIND NO FLOWING WILVER! YOU FOUND FLOWING AND THAT'S ALL THAT MATTERS, FLOWING HALF DUDE!
 
Re: UNBELIEVABLE FIND UNBELIEVABLE DAY LOOK AT THE FLOWING HAIR!!!

its a field and wasnt down very deep ! so i'd say you didnt scratch it , But man !!!! what a find :o very big congrats ;)
 
Re: UNBELIEVABLE FIND UNBELIEVABLE DAY LOOK AT THE FLOWING HAIR!!!

KirkPA said:
WHO CARES, BUD? IT DON'T MATTER TO NOBODY THAT DON'T EVER FIND NO FLOWING WILVER! YOU FOUND FLOWING AND THAT'S ALL THAT MATTERS, FLOWING HALF DUDE!
I am still pumped...I never thought I would find one of these...Hell....I was happy with a silver rosey...lol
 
Re: UNBELIEVABLE FIND UNBELIEVABLE DAY LOOK AT THE FLOWING HAIR!!!

WOW! I can imagine your excitement when you saw what you had found. Anyway you look at it, it is a beautiful find. Keep on that site no telling what else is lurking underground. Thanks for sharing the photo. Wonder if the Girl Scout button's bird might be a Blue Bird. I'm not sure if the Blue Birds and Girl Scout organizations were ever connected or had a relationship to each other though.

JRich
 
Re: UNBELIEVABLE FIND UNBELIEVABLE DAY LOOK AT THE FLOWING HAIR!!!

Flowing hair 1/2 dime,half, whatever..still a super find!!!
Should make the banner!!!
 
Re: UNBELIEVABLE FIND UNBELIEVABLE DAY LOOK AT THE FLOWING HAIR!!!

Scratched or not, that is still one hell of a coin! You couldn't slap the grin off my face for months.
 
Re: UNBELIEVABLE FIND UNBELIEVABLE DAY LOOK AT THE FLOWING HAIR!!!

Those blemishes will diminish the value of the coin a great deal, but it is an incredible find nonetheless. I got to hold a 1795 Flowing Hair Dollar a few months ago (it led to me getting the silver farm) and it had a gouge that cut its price from $2000-3000 to $500. The dollar is worth a lot more than the half. Great find!
 
Re: UNBELIEVABLE FIND UNBELIEVABLE DAY LOOK AT THE FLOWING HAIR!!!

A FIND OF A LIFETIME - SCRATCH OR NO SCRATCH! A COIN LIKE THAT IS ON ALL OF OUR WISH (DREAM) LIST! INCREDIBLE! CERTAINLY SHOULD MAKE THE BEST FINDS OF 2007 ISSUE. BY THE WAY, TO AVOID SCRATCHING ITEMS IN THE FUTURE (THOUGH I'M NOT SAYING YOU SCRATCHED THIS ONE), WHEN IN A FIELD OR THE WOODS, USE A 26" GARDEN SHOVEL AND YOU CAN CUT A REAL WIDE PLUG TO BE SURE YOUR NOT NEAR THE TARGET.
 
Re: UNBELIEVABLE FIND UNBELIEVABLE DAY LOOK AT THE FLOWING HAIR!!!

halfdime said:
Those blemishes will diminish the value of the coin a great deal, but it is an incredible find nonetheless. I got to hold a 1795 Flowing Hair Dollar a few months ago (it led to me getting the silver farm) and it had a gouge that cut its price from $2000-3000 to $500. The dollar is worth a lot more than the half. Great find!
How bad was the scratch on your coin?
 
Re: UNBELIEVABLE FIND UNBELIEVABLE DAY LOOK AT THE FLOWING HAIR!!!

Holy sweet mother of treasure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
you should make the banner and stay there FOREVER lol
u should also make every metal detecting magazine in the country...and be the front cover lol
friggin awesome sweetness find dude
can i please please PLEASE hold it? haha just kiddin......not really
yea i agree scratch or not a find like this is priceless
i wouldntve been able to run full speed across a field after a find like that
id be crawling lol

hope u find many more like this so u can send them to ME! lol
good luck & HH
 
Re: UNBELIEVABLE FIND UNBELIEVABLE DAY LOOK AT THE FLOWING HAIR!!!

outraged said:
halfdime said:
Those blemishes will diminish the value of the coin a great deal, but it is an incredible find nonetheless. I got to hold a 1795 Flowing Hair Dollar a few months ago (it led to me getting the silver farm) and it had a gouge that cut its price from $2000-3000 to $500. The dollar is worth a lot more than the half. Great find!
How bad was the scratch on your coin?
I'll see if I can email you a picture; I have trouble posting pictures on this site because of their file size.
 
Re: UNBELIEVABLE FIND UNBELIEVABLE DAY LOOK AT THE FLOWING HAIR!!!

halfdime said:
outraged said:
halfdime said:
Those blemishes will diminish the value of the coin a great deal, but it is an incredible find nonetheless. I got to hold a 1795 Flowing Hair Dollar a few months ago (it led to me getting the silver farm) and it had a gouge that cut its price from $2000-3000 to $500. The dollar is worth a lot more than the half. Great find!
How bad was the scratch on your coin?
I'll see if I can email you a picture; I have trouble posting pictures on this site because of their file size.
Thanks bro...I would love to see it. I hope the value is not killed that bad....I would not be able to live with myself...lol
 
Re: UNBELIEVABLE FIND UNBELIEVABLE DAY LOOK AT THE FLOWING HAIR!!!

outraged said:
halfdime said:
outraged said:
halfdime said:
Those blemishes will diminish the value of the coin a great deal, but it is an incredible find nonetheless. I got to hold a 1795 Flowing Hair Dollar a few months ago (it led to me getting the silver farm) and it had a gouge that cut its price from $2000-3000 to $500. The dollar is worth a lot more than the half. Great find!
How bad was the scratch on your coin?
I'll see if I can email you a picture; I have trouble posting pictures on this site because of their file size.
Thanks bro...I would love to see it. I hope the value is not killed that bad....I would not be able to live with myself...lol
The picture seemed to attach OK; let me know how you receive it.
 
Re: UNBELIEVABLE FIND UNBELIEVABLE DAY LOOK AT THE FLOWING HAIR!!!

Wow OR--- That is one fantstic find. Congrats to you
 
Re: UNBELIEVABLE FIND UNBELIEVABLE DAY LOOK AT THE FLOWING HAIR!!!

halfdime said:
outraged said:
halfdime said:
outraged said:
halfdime said:
Those blemishes will diminish the value of the coin a great deal, but it is an incredible find nonetheless. I got to hold a 1795 Flowing Hair Dollar a few months ago (it led to me getting the silver farm) and it had a gouge that cut its price from $2000-3000 to $500. The dollar is worth a lot more than the half. Great find!
How bad was the scratch on your coin?
I'll see if I can email you a picture; I have trouble posting pictures on this site because of their file size.
Thanks bro...I would love to see it. I hope the value is not killed that bad....I would not be able to live with myself...lol
The picture seemed to attach OK; let me know how you receive it.
I got it...Thanks...

Thank all of you for your replies. This was my most memorable day ever with a detector in my hand. This is a dream find for me. I think back at the luck I have had this year with my first gold coin, Over 20 seated dimes, 1796 Liberty Cap LC, 1805 LC...My first Silver dollar......And over 150 silvers.....Life could not get any better...Until TODAY that is!!!! Man I love this hobby!!! I still have goosebumps!!!
 
Re: UNBELIEVABLE FIND UNBELIEVABLE DAY LOOK AT THE FLOWING HAIR!!!

That's an incredible find for sure!

I wonder what a person could buy with a half dollar in 1795? I'm sure when you walk onto that field next time it will be 10 times more exciting to hunt.

Just knowing, maybe there's another one.... ;)

Congratulations, Outraged!

Great job!


Ridley
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom