What's new

UNBELIEVABLE FIND LOOK AT THE 1795 FLOWING HAIR HALF!!!

outraged

Hero Member
Joined
Apr 14, 2007
Messages
531
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
Location
East Greenbush NY
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT/Troy Shadow X2/Ace 250
Unbelievable that is the first thing that came to mind when I found out my field has been mowed...I have been waiting for this moment for months...Driving by every day!!! Well today I got the call...It has been MOWED!!!! No way I said.....Yes way dude....I am on my way!!! And that is how it all started. I met my buddy John at the field and we decided to work around the area we parked. I usually park 100 feet further up the road so I had never hit this area....My first signal.....And what a signal........Now anyone who uses a Whites XLT knows if you get a +89 signal that does not waiver....You dig very carefully....I took my time pinpointing this target....5" deep....Well After getting down 5 inches I was still hitting a strong+89......Oh boy....I am telling you people....I had goosebumps....I still do....But there was a problem.....My target was not in the center of the hole like my trusty Whites XLT told me....Nor was it 5"s deep...It was on the side of the hole...at a HALF inch!!!! OMG I scratched it.....Poor John....He must have thought I was insane...I was running across the field on a dead run.....Screaming punch me in the face...I ruined it....What he was thinking......Until I opened my hand.... And there it was.............OMG A 1795 FLOWING HAIR HALF DOLLAR!!!! Well let me tell you....I am not sure IF I scratched her or if she was hit by the plow...All I know is she was hit....A HEART BREAKING thing...I almost puked on the spot...I hope this does kill the value....I also found this button...It has a girl scout type symbol with GS on the top an some type of bird in the symbol....And this worn big time...coppa. My buddy found a 1787 NJ copper in very nice shape....I would tell you more but I really want to post this....I must go puke now...sigh... ;D
 

Attachments

  • draped.webp
    draped.webp
    30.1 KB · Views: 6,763
  • backdraped.webp
    backdraped.webp
    41.4 KB · Views: 7,010
  • edge.webp
    edge.webp
    5.1 KB · Views: 6,319
  • button.webp
    button.webp
    10.7 KB · Views: 6,264
  • coppa.webp
    coppa.webp
    10.2 KB · Views: 6,230
Upvote 2
Very nice.....How much would that coin be worth today?
Also what are the chances of finding a coin like that around the Lake Erie area?
 
Wow !!! Way over the top find. It must have rattled your head to see that pop out. I;d say it looks like your digger smoked the edge like you figured. Don;t worry about hitting it we all do it sooner or later.I;ve knicked a few real old coins over the years and it always makes me feel like barfin' every time I look at them lol. One of the guys I started digging with 5 years ago smoked a mint condition Canadian 1914 fifty cent piece which is rare . It was under a root and he got a little too rambuctious and put a giant slash right across it. I;ll never forget the look on his face when he saw the mark and his brother commented that his coin just a worthless keepsake now lol.HH....Panz
 
I'm gonna pass out!!!!! Put that under your pillow every night and sleep with it. Hold it! Hug it! Kissit!
Absolutely Awesome Find outraged. I am very happy for you!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom