UNBELIEVABLE FIND LOOK AT THE 1795 FLOWING HAIR HALF!!!

outraged

Apr 14, 2007
East Greenbush NY
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT/Troy Shadow X2/Ace 250
Unbelievable that is the first thing that came to mind when I found out my field has been mowed...I have been waiting for this moment for months...Driving by every day!!! Well today I got the call...It has been MOWED!!!! No way I said.....Yes way dude....I am on my way!!! And that is how it all started. I met my buddy John at the field and we decided to work around the area we parked. I usually park 100 feet further up the road so I had never hit this area....My first signal.....And what a signal........Now anyone who uses a Whites XLT knows if you get a +89 signal that does not waiver....You dig very carefully....I took my time pinpointing this target....5" deep....Well After getting down 5 inches I was still hitting a strong+89......Oh boy....I am telling you people....I had goosebumps....I still do....But there was a problem.....My target was not in the center of the hole like my trusty Whites XLT told me....Nor was it 5"s deep...It was on the side of the hole...at a HALF inch!!!! OMG I scratched it.....Poor John....He must have thought I was insane...I was running across the field on a dead run.....Screaming punch me in the face...I ruined it....What he was thinking......Until I opened my hand.... And there it was.............OMG A 1795 FLOWING HAIR HALF DOLLAR!!!! Well let me tell you....I am not sure IF I scratched her or if she was hit by the plow...All I know is she was hit....A HEART BREAKING thing...I almost puked on the spot...I hope this does kill the value....I also found this button...It has a girl scout type symbol with GS on the top an some type of bird in the symbol....And this worn big time...coppa. My buddy found a 1787 NJ copper in very nice shape....I would tell you more but I really want to post this....I must go puke now...sigh... ;D

Attachments

• draped.jpg
    draped.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 6,676
  • backdraped.jpg
    backdraped.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 6,952
  • edge.jpg
    edge.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 6,262
  • button.jpg
    button.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 6,214
  • coppa.jpg
    coppa.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 6,173
Upvote 1
Beautiful find....awesome. I grew up about 120 miles from you (now I live in Phoenix), so your find makes me want to come back and hit every field I know about....

Good luck and find some more!

This is my first post and this sure gives me something to look forward to in the future........Absolutely gorgeous! Congratulations ;D

Georgiaflutterby

thanks alot you hit me with this post and now im back in the hospital!! lol what a wonderful find to cherish for the rest of your life!! remember ll the details you can on how you found it and write it down over time you start to forget little details and its fun to read your old finds over and over again!! hh jd

Just where is this East Greenbush place anyway??? ??? ;D Great find man!! Got my shirt last week too. Also awesome!!

Have you lived here all your life? PM me sometime, I've got some spots around the "manor" that might peak your interest. I spend most of my time diving and fishing these days.

Again, very nice find!!!

Bassfish said:
Just where is this East Greenbush place anyway??? ??? ;D Great find man!! Got my shirt last week too. Also awesome!!

Have you lived here all your life? PM me sometime, I've got some spots around the "manor" that might peak your interest. I spend most of my time diving and fishing these days.

Again, very nice find!!!
I grew up in Chatham. However I have lived in the "Bush" for 4 years now. This coin was found in Columbia County though. Let me know...I found a cannon in the Manor once...

Re: UNBELIEVABLE FIND UNBELIEVABLE DAY LOOK AT THE FLOWING HAIR!!!

KirkPA said:
Oh, I forgot, you swing one of the best detectors on the market: WHITE'S!

I dont never think I ever saw no one who swung a Minelab find a wilver Flowing! NO WAY!

*Just pulling your strings Minelabers! :-* :D
If he had been using a Minelab, he would have found the Dollar coin lying next to the half, only several inches deeper. ;D
Congrats on the totally awesome find! :o

bottlebum said:
KirkPA said:

I dont never think I ever saw no one who swung a Minelab find a wilver Flowing! NO WAY!

If he had been using a Minelab, he would have found the Dollar coin lying next to the half, only several inches deeper. ;D
It is funny you say that..The guy I have been hunting with is a Minelab,Garrett,Tesoro,and Fisher dealer. He has used all the top machines in this field....The Fisher is so unstable it is unuseable...The tesoro does ok but my whites thumped him 3-1 for finds that day. The next day he used his Explorer-SE and he did find a few DEEP coins...However he is so much slower working with that machine I thumped him worse than I did when he was using the tesoro. They all seem like good machines...However it is a field so nothing is really deep. Or if they are they are so deep no machine will reach em. I would take my XLT over any other machine in this location. Hands down.

outraged said:
bottlebum said:
KirkPA said:

It is funny you say that..The guy I have been hunting with is a Minelab,Garrett,Tesoro,and Fisher dealer. He has used all the top machines in this field....The Fisher is so unstable it is unuseable...The tesoro does ok but my whites thumped him 3-1 for finds that day. The next day he used his Explorer-SE and he did find a few DEEP coins...However he is so much slower working with that machine I thumped him worse than I did when he was using the tesoro. They all seem like good machines...However it is a field so nothing is really deep. Or if they are they are so deep no machine will reach em. I would take my XLT over any other machine in this location. Hands down.

Amen! :)

I knew I was going to get myself into trouble when I posted my message, especially after I noticed that almost everyone on this forum uses whites. But that's ok because I've got my Sovereign GT on it's way, which gives me something to look forward to and that is, making Minelab users out of all of you. HAHAHAHAHAHA! Just kidding, I know that what works best for someone is what they feel most comfortable with.
HH and I'm looking forward to making some great finds and posts of my own, hopefully.

bottlebum said:
I knew I was going to get myself into trouble when I posted my message, especially after I noticed that almost everyone on this forum uses whites. But that's ok because I've got my Sovereign GT on it's way, which gives me something to look forward to and that is, making Minelab users out of all of you. HAHAHAHAHAHA! Just kidding, I know that what works best for someone is what they feel most comfortable with.
HH and I'm looking forward to making some great finds and posts of my own, hopefully.
I am not bothered by your comments..I am buying a Explorer SE next week. I want to have the best of both worlds... ;D

That's cool, I was thinking about going with the Explorer but chose the Sovereign because I've had a Sov. XS an an XS2a and felt pretty comfortable with them and couldn't see spending the extra money for a display that I really didn't need.
HH

HI NICK,
I JUST DON`T KNOW WHAT TO SAY. A FIND OF A LIFE TIME. YOU MADE THE BANNER DUDE.........I LIVE IN PA. ALSO, NOW I WILL BE BEGGING FOR MY FIELDS TO PRODUCE SUCH A SPECIMEN LIKE YOURS...........I`M HAPPY FOR YOU..............PACO

PACO said:
HI NICK,
I JUST DON`T KNOW WHAT TO SAY. A FIND OF A LIFE TIME. YOU MADE THE BANNER DUDE.........I LIVE IN PA. ALSO, NOW I WILL BE BEGGING FOR MY FIELDS TO PRODUCE SUCH A SPECIMEN LIKE YOURS...........I`M HAPPY FOR YOU..............PACO
Um, dude, you got the wrong dude. But we can dream.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back