Unbelievable jar lid Mason's Union

Toecutter

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2018
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This could possibly the highest selling zink jar lid ever, something I never would of thought. Following up on a homesite I located I dug 2 worthy targets one being a suspender clip and the other this jar lid. I noticed the sheild and thought it was cool but also thought it was broke but turns out that's how there made. I threw in my pouch and put it with my other finds. After few weeks I desided to try to get more information and couldn't find anything online. I posted it here on treasure net and Mud Hut recognized right away. After finding out this might be one of the rarest lids I figured someone would appreciate more then me. Never would have thought they would appreciate that much but both of us where very happy with the sale.

Big shout out to Mud Hut for the ID Thank you.
Screenshot_20230301_183513_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20230301_183332_eBay.jpg

Attachments

• 20230223_151300.jpg
    20230223_151300.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 134
Last edited:
Upvote 19

Clovis4343

Sep 1, 2021
PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
This could possibly the highest selling zink jar lid something I never would of thought. Following up on a homesite I located I dug 2 worthy targets one being a suspender clip and the other this jar lid. I noticed the sheild and thought it was cool but also thought it was broke but turns out that's how there made. I threw in my pouch and put it with my other finds. After few weeks I desided to try to get more information and couldn't find anything online. I posted it here on treasure net and Mud Hut recognized right away. After finding out this might be one of the rarest lids I figured someone would appreciate more then me. Never would have thought they would appreciate that much but both of us where very happy with the sale.

Big shout out to Mud Hut for the ID Thank you.
. View attachment 2071990 View attachment 2071991
That is a awesome find..I'd love to find one of those for I have the mason union jar but there is know way I'd pay that kinda cash for the lid. I think I would put it on eBay and sale it and use the money for a new detector........congrat on a amazing find!!

OP
OP
Toecutter

Toecutter

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2018
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a awesome find..I'd love to find one of those for I have the mason union jar but there is know way I'd pay that kinda cash for the lid. I think I would put it on eBay and sale it and use the money for a new detector........congrat on a amazing find
Yeah, now I can say my finds paid for my detector ! thank you

OP
OP
Toecutter

Toecutter

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2018
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man I'm glad I know what one looks like....just in case I see one someday !!
Geo dog must have been howling over that one !! 😁
That was one of thoughts when posting this, guys need to see this.

Geodog loves nothing more then heading into the woods with me, lately hes bin going over and laying next to the detector and shovel then stairs at me lol

Exhuminator

Jan 13, 2021
Georgia, USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 540, Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is why you always investigate anything you find out of the ordinary, no matter how mundane it may seem.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread