What's new

Unbelievable lost & found!

rainorshine

Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 6, 2013
Messages
295
Reaction score
891
Golden Thread
0
Location
Black Hills, SD
Detector(s) used
AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Two days ago my mother in law lost an earing out by her chicken koop. She asked if I could come up and look for it with my detector. Well, today I went up and gave it a try. At first, I was in my street clothes and became too cold to keep on detecting. Thankfully I had a pair of coveralls and heavier boots in my truck. I got changed and headed back out. This time she accompanied me and tried to show me the exact spot she believed she had lost it. 30 minutes later with no luck, we threw in the towel and went inside. I changed out of my coveralls and boots and went to put on my street shoes and noticed the bottom of them were covered in chicken poop. I placed them outside and checked the bottom of my boots. They were void of poop but there was something stuck to the bottom of one. I did a double look and couldn't believe my eyes. The missing earing, right there on the bottom of my boot. I showed it to my mother in law and we were both just dumbstruck. I don't know what to call it, luck, devine intervention? Anyways, I'll always remember this return as being extraordinary!
0206161356.webp
 
Upvote 18
Sell your detector and now just walk around areas in those boots.
 
You don't need a detector, just wear those boots.
 
Those are magic boots! I'm work a few colonial sites, think I could borrow them, sure beats swinging a heavy coil. :occasion14:
 
I can see the silver sticking to the boots as I am writing this.
 
Great , um...recovery!
Success is hard to argue with.
 
Sticky situation .How about digging a solid signal the you run your coil over the hole nothing around the hole nothing. Then after scratching your head you find it on your digging tool in a clump of dirt.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom