Uncovering the untouched area of a previously hydrauliced bench

M.E.G.

Apr 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It started out as a small exploration dig on an ancient river bench far above the present creek.
DSC04086.JPG
But what I did not expect was what I found. This exploration dig is no longer just a pick, shovel and pressure washing workings. Already uncovered in the past few weeks are rocks/small boulders numerous in length and width size.
DSC04094.JPG
DSC04096.JPG
DSC04097.JPG
But nothing like what was uncoverd recently.
See what looks to be a pretty fair size rock in the bank here in the following pic?
DSC04107.JPG
Well, Here in the forefront it is uncovered
DSC04122.JPG
Approximately 5 foot tall. 5 foot wide. And about 5 foot through. And the one partially uncovered in the back ground is alreadly measuring approximately 8 feet across it's back, 4 foot wide, 4 foot tall. From another angle:
DSC04116.JPG
And the bench is still better than 40 feet wide of workable material.

Upvote 0

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Very exciting! Heavy pans indeed!!

bobw53

Oct 23, 2014
Hatch, New Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah!! Where is the GOLD??? And I only get excited at pictures of big rocks that have already been carved to look like naked ladies.

In all seriousness, I've recently stumbled across an ancient channel myself.. I haven't gotten as far as you have, but its EXCITING. My dog doesn't
care, my little lady doesn't care, my Mom doesn't care, the UPS man doesn't care, the dude at the beer store doesn't care, the lady at the gas station
doens't care, my grandmother doesn't even care... But you HAVE TO tell somebody.

Hope it all pans out for you (except the heavy shiny stuff of course, hope that stays in the pan).

It is pretty darn exciting, sitting right in a mined area, a place that has probably been gone over 2 or 3 times, and you find something that nobody else even saw,
never mind touched. Makes you do the happy dance, but don't do that in public, you'll probably get arrested.

OP
OP
M.E.G.

M.E.G.

Apr 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gold? At this point the dig is showing only trace amounts amongst pan after pan full of black sands. But knowing a little about the area, the gold really starts showing well at just above bedrock. And am still a good couple of feet on the shallow end of the workings from reaching that depth.

OP
OP
M.E.G.

M.E.G.

Apr 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is what it looks like uncovered. And some pics of what it is setting on.

DSC04138.JPG

DSC04140.JPG

DSC04143.JPG

DSC04144.JPG

DSC04145.JPG

DSC04146.JPG

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread