Nate in Ohio

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2005
Cleveland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys. Well if you read Mirage's post, you know that we hit up the site that I got my seated dime at on our most recent hunt. It was very surprising to me that we could only turn up a buffalo and a few wheats during the span of about half a day...whereas the seated was found after only about 1.5 hours of hunting on that previous first trip. But still, it IS a very large park, and I'm sure theres more very old coins to be found eventually. So yea, before heading home, we stopped at one of our usual parks for a bit. Mirage had found his walker the day before, so we made our way to that spot. Shortly after he found his silver quarter, I was almost to the edge of the high grass/woods and got a great signal. Not very deep; you can see for yourself in the pic...got a worn but still sweet 41 merc. Although I was expecting more from the first site, the merc still made me feel pretty good about the day's hunt. lol even though there was no skill required to find it…hard to believe all 3 of us have missed it…

April6A.jpg

Closer look at some of the older wheats:
April6B.jpg

Mostly 9mms and a .45:
April6C.jpg

Pic before I even touched the merc. The DFX gets the credit for this one of course…so disregard Mirage’s subliminal coincidental placement of his detector. lol
Mercinplug.jpg

Thanks for looking yall, HH!

Upvote 0

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Whites M6, Vibra-Probe 570, Ace 250, Bounty Hunter 202, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites MXT, 2 Bullseye11
I'm so happy for you! I just found two Merc.'s today. My first. I'm on top of the world right with ya.... :D

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Nate , Good going there ! Any day you bring a beautiful little merc. back into the light of day is a good

day indeed ! I'm convinced that every day out detecting is a new day , meaning that you could pound an area

one day then go back and find an oldie there a few days later. Keep finding those mercs. !

Gregory, Santa Fe.

OP
OP
Nate in Ohio

Nate in Ohio

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2005
Cleveland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pepper2004 said:
I'm so happy for you! I just found two Merc.'s today. My first. I'm on top of the world right with ya.... :D

That's great, congrats!

Agreed Gergory. Thanks you two.

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrat's Nate...That's a beautiful looking plug and Great pic's of the wheat's.Nice job HOMIE!!!!

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to go Nate, nice finds for a great day of hunting.

Colonial Zoyboy

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2006
PA
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
Way to go, buddy, on the wilver and Wheats! You and Mirage are yanking out the wilver recoveries this year.

You have to get Dan's fever back to its original state! :icon_sunny:

Kyle

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Nice finds Nate,

I'm hoping to pull up some goods at tuscazoar next week. Lance, That little sucker cleaned house last yr at the last camp. Looking forward to seeing you guys.

HH Jer

lockman209

Jun 4, 2005
Chippewa Falls
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle SL II, Whites PRL-1, (3) Whites DFX's, Whites Coinmaster 4G, Whites Silver Eagle, 2010 Whites Coinmaster, Fisher 1212-X, Fisher 1225-X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice finds Nate

kane23

Mar 29, 2007
Utah
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Garrett Ace 350.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I need to party with you dude! Way to go, kane23

Gonehunting

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2007
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENTLY USING: Minelab Go-Find 60, Nokta Fors CoRe, Macro Racer, Whites MXT All Pro, Fisher F19, Garrett AT Gold, Minelab CTX3030, XP Deus.
USED: Garrett ATX, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Minelab
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
good lawd what a haul... :thumbsup:

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax