Fropa
Hero Member
- Joined
- Feb 27, 2007
- Messages
- 511
- Reaction score
- 29
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- SW Wisconsin
- Detector(s) used
- Whites XLT
I got a call from my buy bank Friday. One of the other branches filled their half dollar bag and knew they had a guy who was looking for halves. I told her to let them know I would be there soon (about 20 miles away). They were happy to have me take the bag off their hands. The bag had 3x 1967, 1x 1969-D, and 1x 2003-P. Since I was in town I decided to hit the other banks there.
The second bank I've had good luck at several times. The last couple times I got somebody's re-wrapped rolls. I asked the teller if they had any halves. She had $2 in her tray with a nice silver edge showing. She had another teller go check the vault and I said I'd buy the 4 in her tray. They had $100 worth in the vault. The one in the tray was a very nice 1967 and 10 rolls of rejects.
Next stop is a bank that I'm friends with the business teller. They aren't allowed to pull the bag until it's full so I wanted to check the current total and have them order me 2 boxes. $240 in the bag so I have to wait a little while longer. I wait until it gets between $350 and $400 then fill the bag and buy it.
Last stop is a branch of the Credit Union I work for. I bought the bag of halves ($291) and the bag of dimes ($320). I'm really glad I stopped here. The bag of halves had a 1943 and a 1945 Walking Liberty along with 1x 1964, 1x 1964-D, 3x 1966, 2x 1967, 2x 1968, 2x 1969-D, and a 2002-P. It also had 2 car wash tokens, a 1987 Mexican 500 Peso, and a guitar pick.
The bag of dimes had a 1940 Merc, 1952-D, 1959-D, and a 1964-D. Also had 4 Canadian (No silver).
Not bad for a 40 mile round trip.
The second bank I've had good luck at several times. The last couple times I got somebody's re-wrapped rolls. I asked the teller if they had any halves. She had $2 in her tray with a nice silver edge showing. She had another teller go check the vault and I said I'd buy the 4 in her tray. They had $100 worth in the vault. The one in the tray was a very nice 1967 and 10 rolls of rejects.
Next stop is a bank that I'm friends with the business teller. They aren't allowed to pull the bag until it's full so I wanted to check the current total and have them order me 2 boxes. $240 in the bag so I have to wait a little while longer. I wait until it gets between $350 and $400 then fill the bag and buy it.
Last stop is a branch of the Credit Union I work for. I bought the bag of halves ($291) and the bag of dimes ($320). I'm really glad I stopped here. The bag of halves had a 1943 and a 1945 Walking Liberty along with 1x 1964, 1x 1964-D, 3x 1966, 2x 1967, 2x 1968, 2x 1969-D, and a 2002-P. It also had 2 car wash tokens, a 1987 Mexican 500 Peso, and a guitar pick.
The bag of dimes had a 1940 Merc, 1952-D, 1959-D, and a 1964-D. Also had 4 Canadian (No silver).
Not bad for a 40 mile round trip.
Upvote
0










