Unfinished bottleneck arrowhead

Chris Thompson

Greenie
Sep 25, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this week in Vinton County Ohio made of zaleski flint. This head measures 3 inches long and is very thick which is why i think it is unfinished.Here is link to youtube vid of the find. https://www.youtube.com/user/shapeshifternwo .thanks 15379785028551653072281.jpg 1537978702506384135676.jpg 15379787813141160204637.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard Chris. Glad to have you with us.

That at piece shows polish along the faces on both sides so it has been used and not just a Preform. Could be a crude Knife. Also, not real sure that is Zaleski Flint. Zaleski is a very shiny and waxy material. That looks more like Kanawha to me.

OP
OP
C

Chris Thompson

Greenie
Sep 25, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard Chris. Glad to have you with us.

That at piece shows polish along the faces on both sides so it has been used and not just a Preform. Could be a crude Knife. Also, not real sure that is Zaleski Flint. Zaleski is a very shiny and waxy material. That looks more like Kanawha to me.

The other side is shiny i should have taken a pic of it. The creek has put a heavy patina on it giving it a dull look but Zaleski is prominent in my area. But thanks for having me and thanks for ur input.

GaRebel1861

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2011
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, it is probably going to be the last find for the year for me with the leaves falling.

It looks a lot like the stuff we find down here in Southwest Georgia in the Flint River. I'm glad to hear that it's finally cooling off somewhere. It's still in the mid 90s here in the deep south.

OP
OP
C

Chris Thompson

Greenie
Sep 25, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It looks a lot like the stuff we find down here in Southwest Georgia in the Flint River. I'm glad to hear that it's finally cooling off somewhere. It's still in the mid 90s here in the deep south.

Sorry u are still dealing with the heat. We have been dealing with rain this month so it is hard to hit the creeks. BTW that pipe u found is a stone cold stunner..congrats

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks almost like iron stone but its an interesting find. Nice study piece not sure on the type though it was used as a knife Im sure

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread