What's new

Uniface Scraper

MOGARDE

Jr. Member
Joined
Oct 2, 2017
Messages
61
Reaction score
112
Golden Thread
0
Location
Missouri
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hi guys!

We went searching along the Missouri River this past weekend. We found a few broken pieces along with the scraper below. I love the material and was amazed at how well it's shaped and worked around all edges! I searched online and couldn't find one very similar. I'm hoping someone here could offer thoughts or information on it. Thanks guys!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_8662.webp
    IMG_8662.webp
    152.4 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_8661.webp
    IMG_8661.webp
    64.2 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_8660.webp
    IMG_8660.webp
    112.8 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_8658.webp
    IMG_8658.webp
    146.1 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_8657.webp
    IMG_8657.webp
    202.1 KB · Views: 84
Upvote 0
Nice one! We call'm humpbacks here in ETEX.
 
Very nice find !!!!
 
:icon_thumright: That is one fine, large thumb scraper. Most likely it was halfted with a handle.
 
That's as good as it gets for a uniface scraper!
 
Nice size. Meaning you have a flint source nearby. Where I live, no flint source except glacial till small stuff. Our scrapers are much smaller due to only having small flint. Gary
 
Thank you everyone for the information and feedback! It's very much appreciate! I love to learn as much as possible. Thanks for sharing your knowledge and insights!
 
Very nice find, congrats!!
 
I would call that a early end scraper type probably Early Archaic or earlier by the size and quality of it. One of the nicest scrapers posted all year imo.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom