What's new

UNIFORM BUTTON HELP

Natman

Bronze Member
Joined
Jan 8, 2007
Messages
2,495
Reaction score
477
Golden Thread
0
Location
Hazelwood, MO
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm II, White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi gang, I think this is a coat button but can anyone give me a positive ID and if it's WW1 or WW2 era. Thanks, Nat
 

Attachments

  • oooo.webp
    oooo.webp
    16.9 KB · Views: 81
  • untitled.webp
    untitled.webp
    14.4 KB · Views: 76
Your “Great Seal” button can safely be called a WWI button, as it has the black finish which they stopped appplying after 1923.
 
Upvote 0
Super nice find. Congrats!
 
Upvote 0
I am sorry NH, but I don't see the black finish. Maybe my old eyes aren't working and that is why. Anyway, the NS Meyer backmark was used from 1906-2000. This button would date between 1910 and 2000 because of the rim added in 1910. If it does have a black finish it would date between 1910 and 1923.
 
Upvote 0
I can see the black on that one. :icon_thumright: Maybe the OP can tell us if there are traces of black finish on the button. Looking at the back I could see where there might be some around the edge but it seems odd that there is none in the depressed lettering.
 
Upvote 0
I'm pretty sure there's a brass color beneath the tarnish, just didn't want to clean it too much.
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom