Greenville, NC
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3I
Garrett Pro Pointer
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Union Soldier's Medallion???? Help!!!

Found this in the vicinity of a Fort in Wyoming. I have never seen anything like it before. It is copper about the size of a nickel. It appears to have a Cabriolet on the front with a house in the background along with a fence.
The back is much harder to see. It appears to have a bird on a branch and some more structures and maybe some teepees. There is no mint mark or date.
Soldiers at some of the Forts here is Wyoming were Buffalo Soldiers. I wonder if the medallion has some kind of plantation significance.
I think it is pretty old. Any ideas? Thanks for looking. HH

Attachments

• soldier medallion side a.jpg
    soldier medallion side a.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 129
  • soldier medallion side b.jpg
    soldier medallion side b.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 135

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
This is very similar to the horse jumping over the fence token that several members have found. Sorry I cant post a pic because I dont know how.
Intresting indeed Big cypress, i thoght the same thing about the plow medallions..... apparently posting pics (modzilla spell check) or sharing links dont work in the "new" tnet world. sad...

They most certainly do work in the new world. Read my reply to BigCy above on how to reply with pics. This works the same way when you add photos to a new topic post. Links can be copied and pasted as always, and youtube links will link with a video just like the old Tnet.

-Buck
Yes its true, I finally figured how to post jpegs but it wasnt easy and I tried several different ways. Im working on trying to delete my email now but first I have to find my inbox..

Upvote 0

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Thanks Buck. I see one of my problems is that my monitor is not large enough and the delete boxes were cut completely off the screen and it was not readily noticable. I think it was the same problem with posting a pic and everything else I tried to do. This may be of some help to other members.

Upvote 0

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I thought it would be easier just to send all my friends my emaill addy but I received this message.

You have reached your stored private message quota and cannot send any further messages until space has been created.

I wonder how much disc space Im using by sending a short PM?

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread