✅ SOLVED Unique rock? Or something else..

Beach_Baby

Jul 31, 2016
BC
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I found this at the beach today and I can't figure out if it used to be part of something, is a fossil, or is just a uniquely shaped rock!

It has a smooth curve, and the backside has a bit of a lip or ledge on it.

Any guesses? Thanks!

rock1.jpg
rock2.jpg
rock3.jpg

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
I see the cliff face Bob and Im not steaming. I just posted the links to try to explain the phenomena to those that may not understand why they are seeing faces in the clouds and in inanimate objects. Did you read them? I believe it takes experience to determine what is made by man and what is natural occurring.

The important thing here is to make the correct ID. The cliff face is just an example and each object needs to be considered individually. Myself Im better with small artifacts but not so good with cliff carvings. I have no experience with cliff faces so I wont comment on its authenticity..

Back to the main topic of this thread.
What exactly do you see in this small beach eroded rock posted by Beach Baby?
Do you see the same people and a calf ?
Who do you think carved these images and why?
Is it broken from something larger?
thanks

Although photos can be deceiving, I see a couple of lines maybe but really nothing in this picture to suggest small images of people or animals were ever carved or chiseled by man on this rock. If it ever was, its to far eroded to tell.

rock1.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yr right about the erosion. See if this helps. The black line is the head and neck of the Dragon the yellow 6 is fire from his mouth. White is the faces of man. Some are evil.There is a few more standing. Green looks like the Eagle. Orange is the Bulls head.. yellow line is row of number and other things. Blue line is another serpent. That's only a start because if you could see what really there .you could see a lot more. Within one figure there many more than just one thing depicted.
53530da3a975a669f0f31233dccaefb1.jpg
I did not pick everything. Just the easiest. Blue may be a Griffen or a phenix

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Upvote 0

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As far as the faces some are evil or demon looking. There are very small men climbing on the left between blue and my thumb. There is still a lot of detail on even with the erosion. Most of the symbols are visible. Some symbols are in the shadowing. You can see the number 27 at the tip of my thumb.

Upvote 0

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Is this natural occurring or man made? How can such detail be chiseled into a rock no more than 4 or 5 inches across? How can that be your thumb?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That not my thunb. That's a mistake. How does a man built a ship in a tiny bottle. Patience . If you want to say God did it I could agree. But it not from being weathered as in natural.

Upvote 0

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Did God do it or did man do it? I don't understand. Do you mean the ability to carve this is a God given talent?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A priest and a man of God did it. That should clarify it.

Upvote 0

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
After all that above, it looks to me like a leaverite, or perhaps a love stone.

Upvote 0

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Yea its a leaverite. Im basically getting nowhere. Spats became angry with me when I suggested he wasnt helping with the identification process but at least he realized the possibility that he was imagining people and an animal on this rock.

So Bob you dont think there is any possibility that you are just imagining these images? Are you referring to Jesuit Priests? Jesuits Treasures - a Legacy in Stone in Rock Formations / Monuments In North America Forum

Here is some basic read on stone carving. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stone_carving

Attachments

• jesuit rock.jpg
    jesuit rock.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There were many orders of priest working in North America. Since she from Canada most likely it French Jesuit. There were also Cistercian monks back in 14th century. As far as the possibility of it being natural. Anything is possible. But this is the kind of stuff I study and have for many years. My eyes are use to it. With training you could to Big. We are working off her picture. It would be nice to see the curved part and the back side. Keep trying Big, I like that. Did you see anything from the pictures I sent you? If not, I will sent you a big one, pictures that is. Big are you a Mason? If so let me know. I will send you something.

Upvote 0

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I will read up on it. I think the Jesuit treasure link I posted was a good one to start. Thats as far as Im willing to go. If you have any links relating to these small isolated rock carvings, I will read it. Im taliking about real links from archeologists or historians related to Jesuits carvings on small rocks and melted blobs of metal.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread