Unique Skeleton Key Help

Aftergloh

Jun 25, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
19532687_10211174435135722_1705065513_o.jpg
So, we had a TON of rain the other day, due to Hurricane Cindy sending remnants up this way. We have an acre of woods that we have made trails throughout. For the first time, almost the entire woods flooded (rather then a small part that usually does), we all had a lot of fun playing in it, however once the water receded and the trails dried a bit, I took the rake down and started removing all the sticks and twigs that has been left behind. I got to an area where some of the brush piled up due to flow and spotted this guy in the dirt. It washed up from somewhere within the woods, buried perhaps and got stuck there. It's more ornate the any others I have collected here and there over the years and was wondering if anyone has any thoughts as to it's origin or a way to help me determine an approx year? I wonder, if it a newer key that the elements just made look older? Thanks a bunch!

mojjax

Silver Member
Feb 27, 2005
MAINE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
[FONT=&quot]Pray also for me,[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot] that whenever I speak, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot] make known the mystery[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot] of the gospel,[/FONT]

Upvote 0
OP
OP
A

Aftergloh

Jun 25, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wonder, if that is something the average person would have engraved on there or if it was perhaps belonged to a church or pastor? I wish I knew what and where it came from

Upvote 0

mojjax

Silver Member
Feb 27, 2005
MAINE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hold your Horses - That's a very cool find !

Upvote 0

The_Piratess

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2017
Ghost Ship
Detector(s) used
Whites Beach Hunter ID, so far...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
[FONT="]Pray also for me,[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][FONT="][/FONT][FONT="] that whenever I speak, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][FONT="][/FONT][FONT="] make known the mystery[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][FONT="][/FONT][FONT="] of the gospel,[/FONT]

Wow I'm impressed. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hold your Horses - That's a very cool find !

Every find is cool. But unless im mistaken its a $2.50 modern charm. Its not a real key. Bronze tone may not even be brass.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Yea thats what i thought a novelty item from china but im on my celphon hard to see i will look when i get home. It doesnt even have real teeth

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions