What's new

Unknown Animal/Bird in PA - Chicken/Grouse/Pheasant

DevilDog812

Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 3, 2010
Messages
386
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
Location
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Hey guys! My brother-in-law caught this thing on his trail camera one night, and we have no idea what it could be, and we have a lot of knowledge on animals and birds of the area. I know it is hard to see very well, but I have seen worse things identified in minutes on this forum :wink:

Any help would be appreciated.

unknownanimal.png
 
My money is on the ruffled Grouse
 
Upvote 0
Because of the region and in the woods (not in the field) I'm thinking Woodcock.
They hunker down almost invisable like most other game birds until almost
stepped on before taking flight. Resulting in instant laxative for the person walking.

P.S. there really is a "snipe" bird.
 

Attachments

  • images.webp
    images.webp
    13.1 KB · Views: 526
Upvote 0
dozer dan said:
Because of the region and in the woods (not in the field) I'm thinking Woodcock.
They hunker down almost invisable like most other game birds until almost
stepped on before taking flight. Resulting in instant laxative for the person walking.

P.S. there really is a "snipe" bird.

yep, woodcocks have scared me many times in the woods :laughing7: same with the pheasants. I'm sure it is one of the ones suggested here, but it won't be conclusive until we get another photo
 
Upvote 0
Look like a Peacock.
 
Upvote 0
The possibilities are endless!
 

Attachments

  • imagesCA02AL51.webp
    imagesCA02AL51.webp
    10.2 KB · Views: 205
  • imagesCA2DH5EF.webp
    imagesCA2DH5EF.webp
    7.6 KB · Views: 297
  • imagesCAK7YU4R.webp
    imagesCAK7YU4R.webp
    7 KB · Views: 418
  • imagesCALNWQNO.webp
    imagesCALNWQNO.webp
    6.8 KB · Views: 447
  • imagesCARL7JFF.webp
    imagesCARL7JFF.webp
    5.1 KB · Views: 484
Upvote 0
Emu Easter Bonnet
 

Attachments

  • emu.webp
    emu.webp
    11.5 KB · Views: 388
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom