๐Ÿ”Ž UNIDENTIFIED Unknown Arabic coin?

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this detecting a tot-lot I think it is Arabic or Muslim? It was a homemade pendant and had some very thin foil copper or brass that made the loop but it broke off. anyone have any knowledge of these type of coins?
IMG-0029-A.jpg
IMG-0032-A.jpg

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
My first instinct was possibly Sanskrit. But I changed my mind. Iโ€™m going to guess it is in the Urdu language. Someone will be more familiar with the script. Iโ€™ll just get the proverbial ball rolling. My limited knowledge is that Urdu was derived from ancient Arabic and they look similar to each other in form/shapes. Iโ€™m not advising that you clean it. It may damage it. But it is very hard to see it clearly. Nice find and thanks for showing it!

Upvote 3
OP
OP
Back-of-the-boat

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will be on the road until Tuesday so I wont be able to respond back until then.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Back-of-the-boat

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread