🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Unknown Arabic coin?

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this detecting a tot-lot I think it is Arabic or Muslim? It was a homemade pendant and had some very thin foil copper or brass that made the loop but it broke off. anyone have any knowledge of these type of coins?
IMG-0029-A.jpg
IMG-0032-A.jpg

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
My first instinct was possibly Sanskrit. But I changed my mind. I’m going to guess it is in the Urdu language. Someone will be more familiar with the script. I’ll just get the proverbial ball rolling. My limited knowledge is that Urdu was derived from ancient Arabic and they look similar to each other in form/shapes. I’m not advising that you clean it. It may damage it. But it is very hard to see it clearly. Nice find and thanks for showing it!

Upvote 3
OP
OP
Back-of-the-boat

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will be on the road until Tuesday so I wont be able to respond back until then.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Back-of-the-boat

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions