What's new

🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Unknown Bayonet

Joined
Oct 1, 2018
Messages
442
Reaction score
690
Golden Thread
0
Location
Western PA, Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought this bayonet today. It has it's faults, but it was cheap. Does anybody know what kind of bayonet this is?
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20231004_194306.webp
    IMG_20231004_194306.webp
    752.9 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_20231004_194250.webp
    IMG_20231004_194250.webp
    1.2 MB · Views: 100
  • IMG_20231004_194242.webp
    IMG_20231004_194242.webp
    1.5 MB · Views: 95
What's the total length and blade length? Also besides the SN on the cross guard, is there any markings on the blade (Where the blade meets the cross guard)? What is the SN?

I know lots of questions, sorry!

The portion (Hole) that goes over the barrel seems to be pretty small, maybe like it's for a 7mm.
 
Upvote 1
Italian M1891 Carcano bayonet. Knew I've seen somewhere, I have one on my rifle.
Ah, I hadn't guessed Italian. I tried French, US, German, British, and Japanese, but Italian completely slipped my mind. Thank you.
 
Upvote 2
Ah, I hadn't guessed Italian. I tried French, US, German, British, and Japanese, but Italian completely slipped my mind. Thank you.

I knew it was European, and knew it wasn't German, British, French, Spanish, Turkish, etc. I even went and looked at my bayonets and missed the Italian one. Went and looked a second time, and then saw the Italian one and went "Duh you big dummy".

Below is a great site for IDing bayonets.

Italian section of the bayonet site.


Main page, great for help in IDing.

 
Last edited:
Upvote 4
I knew it was European, and knew it wasn't German, British, French, Spanish, Turkish, etc. I even went and looked at my bayonets and missed the Italian one. Went and looked a second time, and then saw the Italian one and went "Duh you big dummy".

Below is a great site for IDing bayonets.

Italian section of the bayonet site.


Main page, great for help in IDing.

This is exactly the site I started with, actually. I also completely forgot Italy existed.
 
Upvote 1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom