What's new

Unknown Brass item found by a Hagner US buckle

Smilodon

Full Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2011
Messages
200
Reaction score
607
Golden Thread
0
Location
Charleston sc
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2
Any ideas on what this item may be? It is brass and is ~3" in length.
 

Attachments

  • 020.webp
    020.webp
    85 KB · Views: 589
  • 020.webp
    020.webp
    85 KB · Views: 568
I find loads of these in the field, normally broken up by the plough. You can see the 2 countersunk holes which held the screws flush. Thats the clue, its a furniture or window piece where the screws went into the wood. I forget its actual function, hopefully someone will chime in. Looking at it, it seems to pivet & has a runner, similar to the old windows which opened a 'little' way. However, it maybe a functioning part of furniture, I'm just not sure which it is.
 
Upvote 0
CRUSADER said:
I find loads of these in the field, normally broken up by the plough. You can see the 2 countersunk holes which held the screws flush. Thats the clue, its a furniture or window piece where the screws went into the wood. I forget its actual function, hopefully someone will chime in. Looking at it, it seems to pivet & has a runner, similar to the old windows which opened a 'little' way. However, it maybe a functioning part of furniture, I'm just not sure which it is.
I have seen it before but cant remember either. I agree it could be window or furniture. I am thinking a school desk maybe that opens from the top.. :dontknow:
 
Upvote 0
I'm like the rest . It looks so darn familiar but I just can't place it. I'll darn sure slap my forehead and say,"Why of course when it is IDd." Monty
 
Upvote 0
Looks like a adjustment bracket for a alternator...but it is brass...therefore to brittle for a motor.
 
Upvote 0
Monty said:
I'm like the rest . It looks so darn familiar but I just can't place it. I'll darn sure slap my forehead and say,"Why of course when it is IDd." Monty

me too :-[
 
Upvote 0
Kind of looks like an old school desk part, where the desk top lifts up or maybe a blanket chest lid lock thingy lol , sure does look familiar
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom