What's new

unknown roadside Picnic area today

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
⛭ Moderator
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2003
Messages
96,827
Reaction score
76,265
Golden Thread
2
🥇 Banner finds
1
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
couldn't settle on a spot today so I decided to follow my nose.

while driving I remembered a roadside pavilion I just found the owner to last saturday,
but he wasn't home, so I drove by today & got Permission.

Untitledddd.webp

Picture 017.webp

Picture 020.webp

Was told just don't cross the fence into the Game reserve
which was a no Brainer anyway.

Place was loaded with Glass, & trash

Picture 026.webpPicture 040.gif
Picture 030.webpPicture 044.webp



only one Memorial for a gas rebate.

Picture 041.webp

while detecting there was a guy mowing grass in the game preserve,
I purposely let him see me & I waved with my digger, and he gave me a weird look,
later I see him on my side of the fence coming towards me & he stops on his mower & asks

What's your name ?
I had my headphones on & Pretended I Didn't hear & asked Huh ?

He repeated "What's your Name ? :icon_scratch: " so I told him who I was & where I was from.

he then asked "Do you know where you are ? ??? "

I said "Yea Gettin' hot :laughing7: "

He gave me a confused look, so I decided to let him off the hook,
& said Yea I was over at the saw mill & Got permission :tongue3:

He then started taking about all the glass, & trash & said he thinks it was a dump,
but while mowing grass one day he found a small rubber purse with a buffalo & wheats in it.
and asked If I wanted him to mow that area for me. So I said yes, took a break till he mowed &
did that yet.

Still not anything worthwhile, Left with this pin or Belt buckle
as my only cool find ?

Picture 037.webp
Picture 038.webp


Not being ready to go home with just that, I remembered a spot DK mentioned he got
a few keepers one day we were hunting,
So I did U'eee & headed over there.

Picture 024.webp

Was sore & not really Hyper

but Suited up & Started swinging.

1st. Dig

Picture 042.webp

2nd. dig

Picture 033.webpPicture 034.webp

4th. & 5th Digs

26 cents gas rebate

Picture 043.webp

Packed up & Came home with a smile :laughing7:
 
Upvote 2
Jeff, do me a favor and send back my red misspelled Spartacus button:laughing9:

I plant one every time I go dectecting to show I was there. My full name wouldn't fit on that token
 
Jeff, do me a favor and send back my red misspelled Spartacus button:laughing9:

I plant one every time I go dectecting to show I was there. My full name wouldn't fit on that token

HaHa I Thought of you when I saw it :tongue3:
had a hunch it was part of a snuff tin, but no real Idea what it's from.
camera maybe :dontknow:
 
Neat finds, Jeff! I like the pin/belt buckle thing...it's pretty.
 
while detecting there was a guy mowing grass in the game preserve,
I purposely let him see me & I waved with my digger, and he gave me a weird look,
later I see him on my side of the fence coming towards me & he stops on his mower & asks

What's your name ?[END QUOTE]

Yeah, can't tell you how many times I am in a park and someone starts the lawnmower up.
I just walk to the other side of the park. :tongue3:
 
Cool Finds ... Big congrats !!!!
 
I like the brooch. Are the stones real? I found one similar to yours a couple weeks ago. Not quite as fancy as yours.
 

Attachments

  • image-3238508210.webp
    image-3238508210.webp
    54.5 KB · Views: 129
I can relate to those types of places where it looks like they brought in fill dirt from the towm dump, I would probably hit it again anyway.... at least once more.
 
No idea on the stones, they appear to have a shiny coating on them,
that is cracking & coming off.
they are dull under the coating.

My Macro abilities don't help
Picture 020.webp

but yes looks like the exact same size as yours.
 
Last edited:
cool afew good keeper and fun diggin
 
nice find on some silver there man! congrats. you have some good places to hit. :)
 
Man what's up with all the mason jar lids? Nice Q.
 
In the pic with the mason jar lids there is the square metal plate in the lower left. I found a similar looking piece and it said "time" and "alarm" on it. Could have been an alarm clock.
 
Yep Clock part
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom