minelab explorer, whites gtx, tesoro lobo
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Looks like threading from some clothing? If it's on the first page you mean. :dontknow:

Upvote 0

Bajahunter

Mar 26, 2011
Possibly a strand of wire silver that has tarnished.
I worked in the Bulldog Mtn. Mine in Creede for a short while. Most of the wire silver I saw looked like a Brillow pad all worn out, but sometimes it was just a few strands. Don't remember anything looking purple though.
Rob

Upvote 0
OP
OP
W

Wild Boulder Bill

Jan 5, 2005
Now residing Waynesboro Georgia
Detector(s) used
minelab explorer, whites gtx, tesoro lobo
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
EU you are correct. It is on the first page. My first thought was that it was clothing threads when I saw it. But it is found in several different spots and it is definitely originating in the host rock. I can't really get a better shot with the software I am using. Baja it is in Bonanza lead/silver copper ore. The thing that threw me off is the color. The color is consistent thru out all the threads. The picture is a true representation of the color. That is why I thought maybe copper. Thank You both for you input.

Upvote 0

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
Bajahunter:

Does the Bulldog still have the same owner? I thought it and the others might re-open with rise in silver but saw no activity
going on there in October. The Last Chance has an individual owner-operator who is getting enough au to keep it going.

Upvote 0

Bajahunter

Mar 26, 2011
Been a long time since I was in Creede.
At the time I worked there, the Bulldog Mtn. mine was owned by Homestake Mining Inc.
They were pulling some gold from the lowest levels of that mine at the time.
Not sure what is happening there now.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread