IMAUDIGGER Silver Member Joined Mar 16, 2016 Messages 3,410 Reaction score 5,202 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Dec 26, 2018 #1 Mid to late 1800’s. Suspect 1850’s Has been smashed flat. I tried to reshape it as best I can.
fyrffytr1 Gold Member Joined Mar 5, 2010 Messages 7,742 Reaction score 12,709 Golden Thread 0 Location Southwest Georgia Detector(s) used XP Deus, White's DFX Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Dec 26, 2018 #2 I have the feeling that it was a button and should not have been opened up. Maybe a fancy coat or cape button? Upvote 0
I have the feeling that it was a button and should not have been opened up. Maybe a fancy coat or cape button?
Jim in Idaho Silver Member Joined Jul 21, 2012 Messages 3,445 Reaction score 4,909 Golden Thread 0 Location Blackfoot, Idaho Detector(s) used White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Deeptech Gold gain, Vista X, and Warrior, also Tesoro Outlaw, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO 'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light Primary Interest: Prospecting Dec 26, 2018 #3 Interesting piece. I like it! Jim Upvote 0
IMAUDIGGER Silver Member Joined Mar 16, 2016 Messages 3,410 Reaction score 5,202 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Dec 27, 2018 Thread Owner #4 fyrffytr1 said: I have the feeling that it was a button and should not have been opened up. Maybe a fancy coat or cape button? Click to expand... It wasn’t too fancy looking when it was smashed flat. It’s definitely supposed to be..I don’t know concave? Upvote 0
fyrffytr1 said: I have the feeling that it was a button and should not have been opened up. Maybe a fancy coat or cape button? Click to expand... It wasn’t too fancy looking when it was smashed flat. It’s definitely supposed to be..I don’t know concave?
ANTIQUARIAN Gold Member 🥇 Charter Member Joined Apr 24, 2010 Messages 13,021 Reaction score 28,183 Golden Thread 1 Location Upper Canada 🇨🇦 🥇 Banner finds 1 Detector(s) used XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot' Primary Interest: Relic Hunting Dec 27, 2018 #5 It almost looks a little too big to be a button to me. It may have held a semi-precious stone and hung as a pendant. Dave Upvote 0
It almost looks a little too big to be a button to me. It may have held a semi-precious stone and hung as a pendant. Dave
Rookster Sapphire Member Joined Nov 24, 2013 Messages 29,409 Reaction score 111,678 Golden Thread 0 Detector(s) used XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer Primary Interest: Cache Hunting Dec 27, 2018 #6 Nice piece. Upvote 0
R Reanm8er Bronze Member Joined Aug 17, 2018 Messages 2,285 Reaction score 3,560 Golden Thread 0 Location Shenandoah Valley Va Detector(s) used WW2 Mine Detector, 2 Garrets and an Underwater Fisher (Older Machines) Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Dec 27, 2018 #7 I'm going with the top of a Christmas ornament! Thanks for posting! Upvote 0
Yak1366 Bronze Member Joined Oct 22, 2017 Messages 1,293 Reaction score 2,308 Golden Thread 0 Location Ringgold, Georgia Detector(s) used Equinox 800, Garrett ATPro, ProPointer AT, Retriever II Primary Interest: Other Dec 27, 2018 #8 Cool find, Congrats!!! Upvote 0
A2coins Ruby Member Joined Dec 20, 2015 Messages 33,867 Reaction score 42,646 Golden Thread 0 Location Ann Arbor Detector(s) used Equinox 800 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Dec 27, 2018 #9 Nice relic Upvote 0
C CaptEsteban Bronze Member Joined Jul 26, 2011 Messages 1,277 Reaction score 1,217 Golden Thread 0 Dec 27, 2018 #10 I think it is part of a candelabra. This screwed down over a sharp stud & then the candle was put on the stud. Upvote 0
I think it is part of a candelabra. This screwed down over a sharp stud & then the candle was put on the stud.
Raider19962 Sr. Member Joined Mar 4, 2018 Messages 300 Reaction score 566 Golden Thread 0 Location Delaware, The First State Detector(s) used White's, Technetics, Fisher M, AT Pro Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Dec 27, 2018 #11 Or maybe part of a fancy bell? Upvote 0
DCMatt Gold Member Joined Oct 12, 2006 Messages 10,485 Reaction score 13,791 Golden Thread 0 Location Herndon Virginia Detector(s) used Minelab Equinox 600, EX II, & Musketeer, White's Classic Primary Interest: Metal Detecting Dec 27, 2018 #12 I think its the top of a Victorian era vinaigrette locket. A lady would put perfume on a small piece of fabric and put it inside the locket. Late 1800's... Upvote 0
I think its the top of a Victorian era vinaigrette locket. A lady would put perfume on a small piece of fabric and put it inside the locket. Late 1800's...