What's new

Unreal box

Scalper

Bronze Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2006
Messages
1,217
Reaction score
9
Golden Thread
0
Location
Curitiba, Brazil
Unreal POS box it was completely full of 2001Ds ... all one 1000 coins ... wow I have see better s**t in a toliet >:( ... the other box was so-so at least a hell of alot better than other , I pulled a 64 and 9 40% and a 1987S outta that one ....
 
Upvote 0
Compared to the boxes I have been getting lately, the second box you described looks pretty good.

I wonder if due to all the CRHs out there, we are basically getting each others rejects, mixed in occasionally with good coins someone has dropped off at their bank. By now any great stashes that have been lying around for years in a bank vault somewhere have probably been picked clean.

Unless the rate of people dropping off good coins increases to keep up with the increase in CRHs, sooner or later all that will be had are rejects.


Jim
 
I have gotten boxes like your first one in the past......those bite! I haven't got one in a while....knocking on wood here.

Your 2nd box was a goodie though......congrats.

Keep plugging & good luck on the next ones.
 
jim4silver said:
I wonder if due to all the CRHs out there, we are basically getting each others rejects, mixed in occasionally with good coins someone has dropped off at their bank. By now any great stashes that have been lying around for years in a bank vault somewhere have probably been picked clean.

Jim

I believe your right. :'(

Mojo
 
jim4silver said:
Compared to the boxes I have been getting lately, the second box you described looks pretty good.

I wonder if due to all the CRHs out there, we are basically getting each others rejects, mixed in occasionally with good coins someone has dropped off at their bank. By now any great stashes that have been lying around for years in a bank vault somewhere have probably been picked clean.

Unless the rate of people dropping off good coins increases to keep up with the increase in CRHs, sooner or later all that will be had are rejects.


Jim



I think that u just might be right Jim , I believe that I have hit a pile of crap that a coin dealer has pulled the high grade coins out of .... I had a box last week that approx. 900 of those 2001Ds




LJ said:
I have gotten boxes like your first one in the past......those bite! I haven't got one in a while....knocking on wood here.

Your 2nd box was a goodie though......congrats.

Keep plugging & good luck on the next ones.



Yep LJ those boxes do bite ...hopefully I have weeded out the most of them and thanks I was pretty happy with the other box and I found a stash out of town going Mon. and prolly will buy only $200.00 at first to make sure it is not someones dump pile ...
 
Went through a spell where I was getting enormous amounts of uncirc. 1996P's... Thousands in fact this lasted for about 2-3 weeks back in February. Well they are back..... but instead of getting full rolls of them I'm seeing 3 to 4 in a most of the rolls, in all my boxes this week. that's about a 1 month turnaround.
Man we are tearing it up here in Michigan. It didn't take long for them to make the cycle.

Congrats on the 2nd box though.

Mojo
 
I got a box of 99D's last year, all brandy new and shiny. Since then every roll I have done has had at least one of them and thats alot of rolls. Got lucky on mine though- easy searchin and I found this. HH Mark
DSCN1387_edited.jpg

DSCN1389_edited-1.jpg
 
That double clipped is a awesome find major congrats for that gem :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:, I kept picking throught that crap box with the only hope being finding a nice error coin.....
 
Just goes to show, ya still gotta open all the rolls. I keep threatening to sell it but I already turned down $30 on another forum so it still sits here on my puter desk in a cardboard flip. HH Mark
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom