What's new

Unreal coin

joesdigs

Hero Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2012
Messages
593
Reaction score
249
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was out today for a few hours.. I've never seen so many pieces of foil in one place... I was finding it everywhere.. I got one good signal and my god it turned out to be a coin I've been dreaming of finding... I've found a few but crusty and mostly too far gone to ID.. Well look how this 321 year old W&M half penny came out of the ground.... I near cried with delight :)
 

Attachments

  • image-4053433913.webp
    image-4053433913.webp
    32.9 KB · Views: 435
  • image-674966265.webp
    image-674966265.webp
    39.3 KB · Views: 369
  • image-1677782737.webp
    image-1677782737.webp
    24.9 KB · Views: 366
  • image-1543176662.webp
    image-1543176662.webp
    25.1 KB · Views: 355
  • image-2552440364.webp
    image-2552440364.webp
    24.3 KB · Views: 312
Upvote 74
nice find congrats HH
 
For 300+ years old its in great shape, awesome find man! :icon_thumright:
 
Man that is a cool coin. I've dug copper coins more than half as old and they were in worse condition. Congrats!
 
Thank you all for the comments :) def one of my favourite coins so far
 
WOW..thats one old coin, and in nice shape too...Congrats....:weee:
 
hard work pays off.
 
Congrats on an AWESOME looking coin :icon_thumleft:

Bubba65
 
Wow! That is a sensational coin
 
Finds like that were meant to bring "Tears of Joy!" :lightbulb::lightbulb: worth crying over at least 2 X. This coin brings a song to mind. "Hey now! hey now! don't dream its over!" Just cause you full-filled one dream doesn't mean its over !

:occasion14: CARM
 
Beautiful copper! Would love to find something that old.
 
Fantastic Joedigs.... I hope to find something like that someday. Some of the items I see dug up on this site make me droll. I'll continue to "dream"... great job!!!!!!!!!!
 
Are you in Europe ? just wondering ,AWESOME COIN.
 
Yes Europe
 
Great looking coin, you beat the odds on dug condition on that one :thumbsup: was it found on a pasture field ?

SS
 
Silver Searcher said:
Great looking coin, you beat the odds on dug condition on that one :thumbsup: was it found on a pasture field ?

SS

No on the crounds of a 17th century bawn
 
That's great. Few coppers are found in condition like that, and it has lots of detail. Well done!
 
Wow, I would pass out if I ever found something that cool. Congrats to you!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom