S Still Waters Jr. Member Joined Nov 12, 2009 Messages 57 Reaction score 0 Golden Thread 0 May 23, 2010 #1 Hello, I found this medallion recently and would like some help understanding it. If you can make out anything about it I would be most grateful. It measures about 26mm in diameter and the back is blank. Thank you, Still Waters Attachments medallion.webp 52.1 KB · Views: 348
Hello, I found this medallion recently and would like some help understanding it. If you can make out anything about it I would be most grateful. It measures about 26mm in diameter and the back is blank. Thank you, Still Waters
Mackaydon Sapphire Member 🥇 Charter Member Joined Oct 26, 2004 Messages 25,986 Reaction score 28,608 Golden Thread 0 Location N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son Detector(s) used Minelab Explorer Primary Interest: Shipwrecks May 23, 2010 #2 Turn the pic 90 degrees to the left and an Oriental lady appears standing with script writing to the right. Upvote 0
Turn the pic 90 degrees to the left and an Oriental lady appears standing with script writing to the right.
vayank54 Silver Member Joined Oct 11, 2009 Messages 2,738 Reaction score 26 Golden Thread 0 Location Northern VA Detector(s) used Whites Blue Gray & Tesoro Cibola May 23, 2010 #3 It looks like it was part of a belt or a bracelet. It had 2 loops on the other side. ( bottom in the pic) You can see where they were broken off. Upvote 0
It looks like it was part of a belt or a bracelet. It had 2 loops on the other side. ( bottom in the pic) You can see where they were broken off.
Breezie Gold Member Joined Oct 3, 2009 Messages 6,278 Reaction score 2,120 Golden Thread 1 Location North Carolina 🥇 Banner finds 1 Detector(s) used White's DFX & Spectrum~Garrett's Pro-Pointer~VibraProbe Primary Interest: Metal Detecting May 23, 2010 #4 Mackaydon said: Turn the pic 90 degrees to the left and an Oriental lady appears standing with script writing to the right. Click to expand... SW, nice find. Mack, you beat me to it; here ya go: Attachments medallion.webp 52.3 KB · Views: 326 Upvote 0
Mackaydon said: Turn the pic 90 degrees to the left and an Oriental lady appears standing with script writing to the right. Click to expand... SW, nice find. Mack, you beat me to it; here ya go:
Mackaydon Sapphire Member 🥇 Charter Member Joined Oct 26, 2004 Messages 25,986 Reaction score 28,608 Golden Thread 0 Location N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son Detector(s) used Minelab Explorer Primary Interest: Shipwrecks May 24, 2010 #5 Breezie; You must have been taking a nap, otherwise........ Don..... Upvote 0
Breezie Gold Member Joined Oct 3, 2009 Messages 6,278 Reaction score 2,120 Golden Thread 1 Location North Carolina 🥇 Banner finds 1 Detector(s) used White's DFX & Spectrum~Garrett's Pro-Pointer~VibraProbe Primary Interest: Metal Detecting May 24, 2010 #6 Mackaydon said: Breezie; You must have been taking a nap, otherwise........ Don..... Click to expand... Don, I generally do that while I'm driving; LOL Breezie Upvote 0
Mackaydon said: Breezie; You must have been taking a nap, otherwise........ Don..... Click to expand... Don, I generally do that while I'm driving; LOL Breezie
BuckleBoy Platinum Member Joined Jun 12, 2006 Messages 18,159 Reaction score 9,723 Golden Thread 4 Location Moonlight and Magnolias 🥇 Banner finds 4 Detector(s) used Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting May 24, 2010 #7 I think that the belt or bracelet ID is right on. Could be as old as this button: http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,197802.0.html That's a good time frame for importation of Chinese imagery, art, culture, and exoticism in the U.S. -Buckles Upvote 0
I think that the belt or bracelet ID is right on. Could be as old as this button: http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,197802.0.html That's a good time frame for importation of Chinese imagery, art, culture, and exoticism in the U.S. -Buckles
CRUSADER Emerald Member Joined May 25, 2007 Messages 41,306 Reaction score 48,543 Golden Thread 27 Location ENGLAND 🥇 Banner finds 27 Detector(s) used XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting May 24, 2010 #8 vayank54 said: It looks like it was part of a belt or a bracelet. It had 2 loops on the other side. ( bottom in the pic) You can see where they were broken off. Click to expand... agreed Upvote 0
vayank54 said: It looks like it was part of a belt or a bracelet. It had 2 loops on the other side. ( bottom in the pic) You can see where they were broken off. Click to expand... agreed
Lucas Bronze Member Joined Mar 20, 2010 Messages 1,107 Reaction score 10 Golden Thread 0 Location U of A May 24, 2010 #9 This one is Japanese, not Chinese. Time frame looks post-WW2. Upvote 0
S Still Waters Jr. Member Joined Nov 12, 2009 Messages 57 Reaction score 0 Golden Thread 0 May 24, 2010 Thread Owner #10 Wow, you guys are damn good. I completely see the oriental lady now, that is awesome! Any idea what the script reads? Still Waters Upvote 0
Wow, you guys are damn good. I completely see the oriental lady now, that is awesome! Any idea what the script reads? Still Waters
vayank54 Silver Member Joined Oct 11, 2009 Messages 2,738 Reaction score 26 Golden Thread 0 Location Northern VA Detector(s) used Whites Blue Gray & Tesoro Cibola May 24, 2010 #11 I think it reads Death to he that digs this. I'm not real sure about that though. Heck it might say Happy Birthday My Japanese is a little rusty. sorry about that I couldn't resist. Upvote 0
I think it reads Death to he that digs this. I'm not real sure about that though. Heck it might say Happy Birthday My Japanese is a little rusty. sorry about that I couldn't resist.
VB Sanddigger Full Member Joined Sep 6, 2008 Messages 171 Reaction score 35 Golden Thread 0 Location Suffolk, VA Detector(s) used Garrett AT Pro Minelab Excal Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting May 25, 2010 #12 Try http://detectorcommunity.ning.com/ and see if anyone in other parts of the world know about it. It's really cool!! Upvote 0
Try http://detectorcommunity.ning.com/ and see if anyone in other parts of the world know about it. It's really cool!!