What's new

Up for an easy challenge?

flyadive

Bronze Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Jun 11, 2012
Messages
2,251
Reaction score
1,618
Golden Thread
0
Location
NJ
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I already know what it is , I am just posting this because I have never seen another posted here before!

Thanks for looking

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1550967721.911249.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1550967734.610783.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1550967749.115610.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1550967759.519426.webp

Found it at an old military hospital dump site in NJ. 15? Years ago!
HH
 
Upvote 0
I agree with NHBenz, it is definitely a pocket sun dial. Also... it appears to have an "Egyptian Revival" type of emblem on its back, so it most probably dates to the 1920s/30s, when that theme was at its height of popularity in the US.
 
Upvote 0
You see, if you used a sundial as a watch fob, you would not only know what time it was, but you would also know what time it was.
 
Upvote 0
You guys are correct but you are
Missing one important detail
....here it is !
Little Orphan Annie Ovaltine!

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1551025778.823223.webp
 
Upvote 0
Excellent Pull Beat me to it!
 
Upvote 0
Pretty cool piece
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Now I’ll know iffn I find one
 
Upvote 0
Really cool! I found two 1939 ROA secret decoders in a yard last year...surprised the heck out of me78C3BAA1-A01B-420E-B0C3-0B3539E69E88.webp
 
Upvote 0
Really cool! I found two 1939 ROA secret decoders in a yard last year...surprised the heck out of meView attachment 1684568

Really cool decoders highnam!
I contacted the person in the link that Don provided, they said there is no longer a market for Little orphan Annie watch fobs :(
 
Upvote 0
What does the roa mean?
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom