Fropa
Hero Member
- Joined
- Feb 27, 2007
- Messages
- 511
- Reaction score
- 29
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- SW Wisconsin
- Detector(s) used
- Whites XLT
I have been averaging 1 keeper every 4-5 boxes. I found a bank that I don't have an account at that would order me 2 boxes. I picked them up today along with my normal Thursday box. The boxes were the square 2 row boxes just like my regular boxes.
The first box from the new bank had the same white rolls with gold lettering I'm used to from my regular bank. A great box for me with 1x64, 1x65, 2x66, 1x68-D, and 2x69-D.
Box 2 from the new bank had white rolls with black printing, new for me. We were finding a few 40% and happy with that when I found this roll
My first roll with a Walker on the end. I opened the roll and 2 coins in from the Walker was a 1950 Franklin. Cruising up the roller coaster with 1x40, 1x50, 1x51, 1x64-D, 1x65, 4x67, and 3x69-D.
I called the vault teller to have her order me 2 more boxes for next week. She said she had to talk to her supervisor to see if they needed to charge me a fee for the boxes because I don't have an account. She called me back and said it would be $3 a box unless I had an account. I told her to order the 2 boxes and I'd come in Monday and open an account.
Onto my regular box. At this point I figured even if it was another skunk I had a really good day. Well, I opened the box and found more rolls with the black printing and this
Another Walker on the end of a roll. Now I had high hopes for this box and got whiplash as the coaster took off. 5 Walkers - 1x37, 1x41, 1x41-S, 1x42-D, and 1x44-S. 3 Franklins - 1x58-D, 1x59-D, and 1x63. 7 Silver Kennedys - 2x64-D, 1x66, 1x67, 2x68-D, and 1x69-D. I also found a 74-S Proof.
I've been searching boxes/bags for about 2 years now and had only found 2 walker before today. A bonus is that none of the Walkers or Franklins today were duplicates or ones I already have. Since 1 box from each bank had the Black/White rolls I'm wondering if they get them from the same source and maybe they are finally pulling from the older boxes. I'm going to have my regular bank order 2 boxes for next week and see which rolls I find in the 4 boxes.
Here is a picture of the total haul for today.
The first box from the new bank had the same white rolls with gold lettering I'm used to from my regular bank. A great box for me with 1x64, 1x65, 2x66, 1x68-D, and 2x69-D.
Box 2 from the new bank had white rolls with black printing, new for me. We were finding a few 40% and happy with that when I found this roll
My first roll with a Walker on the end. I opened the roll and 2 coins in from the Walker was a 1950 Franklin. Cruising up the roller coaster with 1x40, 1x50, 1x51, 1x64-D, 1x65, 4x67, and 3x69-D.
I called the vault teller to have her order me 2 more boxes for next week. She said she had to talk to her supervisor to see if they needed to charge me a fee for the boxes because I don't have an account. She called me back and said it would be $3 a box unless I had an account. I told her to order the 2 boxes and I'd come in Monday and open an account.
Onto my regular box. At this point I figured even if it was another skunk I had a really good day. Well, I opened the box and found more rolls with the black printing and this
Another Walker on the end of a roll. Now I had high hopes for this box and got whiplash as the coaster took off. 5 Walkers - 1x37, 1x41, 1x41-S, 1x42-D, and 1x44-S. 3 Franklins - 1x58-D, 1x59-D, and 1x63. 7 Silver Kennedys - 2x64-D, 1x66, 1x67, 2x68-D, and 1x69-D. I also found a 74-S Proof.
I've been searching boxes/bags for about 2 years now and had only found 2 walker before today. A bonus is that none of the Walkers or Franklins today were duplicates or ones I already have. Since 1 box from each bank had the Black/White rolls I'm wondering if they get them from the same source and maybe they are finally pulling from the older boxes. I'm going to have my regular bank order 2 boxes for next week and see which rolls I find in the 4 boxes.
Here is a picture of the total haul for today.
Upvote
0
Finally finding someone looking at me other than Pres Kennedy was a very nice surprise TXTim. My wife helps me search boxes and was getting board with all the skunk boxes. She pulled a bunch of the silver and got motivated again about getting boxes to search.






